Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Gausman is Bowman’s No. 3 redemption card
- Topps previews baseball Update series
- Panini’s Prime Hockey will have extra treat
- Rays juggle rotation to get Cobb a start this weekend against Yankees
- Beckett opens weekly Wednesday chat room on Facebook page
- Rays @ Jays: Joyce update, Longo DH, Molina returns
- NFL Network report on Revis is revealing
- In The Game acquires Sport Kings LP
- Pasco WR Nate Craig (2016) up to 15 Division I offers
- Tampa Bay softball players honored by FACA
- Western Conference Baseball Teams
- Pasco baseball players Blaine Duncan, Matt Plourde headed to Barry, Daytona State respectively
- Maddon changes stance on Escobar’s home run guesture
- Panini previews Rookies & Stars football
- A peek at Panini’s 2013 Cooperstown Collection
- Bucs Report -Tribune staff
- Rays Report - Roger Mooney
- Bolts Report - Erik Erlendsson
- Bulls Report
- Prep Report - Hillsborough
- Prep Report - Pasco
- Prep Report - Region
- Prep Report - Recruiting Updates
- Prep Report - Football
- Go Fishing: On The Waterfront
- The Sports Bookie - Bob D'Angelo
- Gators Report - Tribune staff
- Youth Sports Report
- NFL Draft Report
- Go Ask: Frank's Tacklebox
- Bucified Bert Blog
- BUK Power - Bucs Fan Blog
- Pigskin Preacher - NFL Fan Blog
- Breakfast Bonus - Tom McEwen
- Highlands Sports
Meet Longo, Price, Maddon through MLB Stand Up 2 Cancer auction
Posted Dec 3, 2012 by Roger Mooney
Updated Dec 3, 2012 at 05:14 PM
NASHVILLE, Tenn. Beginning today and running through 11:59 p.m. Thursday, Major League Baseball in partnership with Stand Up For Cancer is holding an online auction of more than 70 unique experiences donated by each of the 30 big league clubs.
Included among the items are meet-and-greets with Joe Maddon, Evan Longoria and David Price as well as pitching lessons from Jim Hickey and hitting lessons from Derek Shelton.
The items for auction include:
—Attend meet-and-greets with past and present MLB players, managers and broadcasters, including Billy Beane, Hall of Famer Bert Blyleven, Yoenis Cespedes, Terry Collins, Ron Darling, Terry Francona, Kirk Gibson, Keith Hernandez, Tim Hudson, Craig Kimbrel, Evan Longoria, Joe Maddon, Brian McCann, Bob Melvin, David Price, Josh Reddick, Hall of Famer Nolan Ryan, Hall of Famer Vin Scully and 2012 American League Rookie of the Year Mike Trout.
—Be a Baltimore Orioles player for a day – eat with team, take batting practice and sit in the dugout during a Spring Training game.
—Ride on the Orioles’ team bus to and from a road game in Washington D.C.
—Receive a visit from Washington Nationals pitchers Drew Storen and Tyler Clippard to your child’s school and eat lunch with them in their cafeteria.
—Watch three innings of a Red Sox game behind the fabled Green Monster at Fenway Park.
—Receive a 30-minute guitar lesson from Cincinnati Reds All-Star pitcher Bronson Arroyo.
—Take batting practice at Progressive Field with the Cleveland Indians.
—Tour the Colorado Rockies clubhouse with All-Star shortstop Troy Tulowitzki.
—Shoot a round of golf with Arizona Diamondbacks pitcher Ian Kennedy.
—Breakfast with All-Star Hunter Pence of the 2012 World Series Champion San Francisco Giants.
—Spend Spring Training Photo Day with the St. Louis Cardinals.
—Eat lunch with Phillies GM Ruben Amaro, Jr., new Boston Red Sox manager John Farrell or Hall of Famer Tommy Lasorda of the Dodgers.
—Watch batting practice from the field of one of 14 Clubs, including the D-backs, Braves, White Sox, Cubs, Rockies, Tigers, Astros, Royals, Twins, Mets, Athletics, Mariners, Pirates or Rays.
—Receive pitching lessons from any of five Major League pitching coaches, including Jim Hickey (Rays) Rick Honeycutt (Dodgers), Charles Nagy (D-backs), Bryan Price (Reds), or Carl Willis (Mariners).
—Receive hitting instructions from D-backs hitting coach Don Baylor, Rays hitting coach Derek Shelton or Angels hitting coach Jim Eppard
—Work a one-day internship in the New York Yankees Media Relations Department.
—Receive a 2013 MLB All-Star package including two tickets to All-Star Fan Fest, Taco Bell All-Star Sunday, Home Run Derby and the 84th All-Star Game in New York, plus a meet and greet with Tony LaRussa and Joe Torre
—Host a private party at your home with the Milwaukee Brewers Famous Racing Sausages.
—Take a tour of the MLB Network Studio with the hosts and sit behind-the-scenes during a taping of a show of choice.
—Additional experiences offered include autographed memorabilia, private ballpark tours, suite tickets and more.
A complete list of the items for auction can be found here: http://auction.mlb.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ExecMacro/feature.d2w/report?wl=33072944&smidx=2&sig0=sort&sig1=search&sort=term&search=SU2C