- Men’s Roster
- Women’s Roster
- Men’s Schedule/Results
- Women’s Schedule/Results
- Men’s Statistics
- Big East Standings
- Live Scoreboard
Most Recent Entries
- Rays @ Yankees: Notes and lineups
- Update on Peralta’s neck
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
- All-Western Conference Cheerleading
- Rays v NYY: Ramos makes his pitch
Martin Fennelly Column: Camp Holtz is all about bonding and a few egg tosses
Posted Aug 17, 2010 by Scott Carter
Updated Aug 17, 2010 at 10:43 AM
VERO BEACH— So it’s not Bear Bryant and The Junction Boys. The egg toss and hula hoop contests are a dead giveaway.
The nearest junction is Yeehaw Junction, 30 miles west. Moreover, at this South Florida football training camp, USF players were spotted … hydrating.
“All the water we need,” senior wide receiver Faron Hornes said with a grin.
There is work and there is sweat at Skip Holtz’s first USF camp, just like with the last guy. The sheer number of grins is something new.
Read the rest of the column here.