- Men’s Roster
- Women’s Roster
- Men’s Schedule/Results
- Women’s Schedule/Results
- Men’s Statistics
- Big East Standings
- Live Scoreboard
Most Recent Entries
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
- Maddon’s Thanksmas returns for 8th year
Martin Fennelly Column: Camp Holtz is all about bonding and a few egg tosses
Posted Aug 17, 2010 by Scott Carter
Updated Aug 17, 2010 at 10:43 AM
VERO BEACH— So it’s not Bear Bryant and The Junction Boys. The egg toss and hula hoop contests are a dead giveaway.
The nearest junction is Yeehaw Junction, 30 miles west. Moreover, at this South Florida football training camp, USF players were spotted … hydrating.
“All the water we need,” senior wide receiver Faron Hornes said with a grin.
There is work and there is sweat at Skip Holtz’s first USF camp, just like with the last guy. The sheer number of grins is something new.
Read the rest of the column here.