Breaking Tampa Bay, Florida and national news and weather from Tampa Bay Online and The Tampa Tribune | TBO.com
  • Home

Madu, Okam, Curran cut, Grimm still a Buccaneer

Posted Aug 31, 2012 by Roy Cummings

Updated Aug 31, 2012 at 12:30 PM


  BY ROY CUMMINGS
The Tampa Tribune

TAMPA – The Tampa Bay Buccaneers have begun the process of whittling their roster down to the NFL’s mandated 53-man limit.

According to the agents for the players, running back Mossis Madu, defensive tackle Frank Okam and linebacker Rennie Curran have all been let go.

The Bucs have also released defensive tackle Amobi Okoye, according to a Chicago Sun Times report citing a league source. Neither Okoye nor his agent have confirmed that report.

An internet report also claims the Bucs have released safety Larry Asante, but neither Asante nor his agent have confirmed that report.

Another report, meanwhile, said the Bucs have cut safety Cody Grimm, but Grimm’s agent, Eric Metz, said at 12:20 p.m. on Friday that neither he nor Grimm had been told by the Bucs that Grimm has been released.

The Bucs have until 9 p.m. tonight to reduce their roster. They will then begin the process of tweaking it through the possible signing of players let go by other teams. They will also begin the process of putting together their practice squad.

 

Reader Comments

Post a comment

Members:

(Requires free registration.)




Auto-login on future visits

Show my name in the online users list

Forgot your password?


Commenting is not available in this weblog entry.