Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Rays v Yanks: Nova to DL, Teixeira returns, updates on Cobb, Helly, DJ and lineups
- Rays v Yankees: Jennings out with groin injury
- Rays vs Yankees: lineups
- Girls Basketball: Walker, Gregory lead Tampa Bay players on All-State Teams
- A fresh, entertaining look at the 1991 World Series
- Plant’s Donahue signs with UF
- Florida High School Softball State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Brrrrrrrrrr
- Five Berkekey Prep student-athletes to be recognized at signing ceremony Wednesday
- Gulf softball coach Rick Hohenthaner resigns after 12 seasons
- Leaf heads to auction with Manziel predictor packs
- Panini provides a look at 2013-14 Signatures basketball product
- Testaverde leads group of seven Jesuit athletes to sign NLI’s Wednesday
- Florida High School Flag Football State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Lineups
Maddon tweaks rotation for Orioles series
Posted Sep 21, 2008 by Tribune Sports
Updated Sep 21, 2008 at 01:23 PM
Rays manager Joe Maddon has made his decision on which call-up, David Price or Mitch Talbot, will get a start this week at Baltimore.
Lefty Price, USA Today’s Minor League Player of the Year, will make his first major league start Monday night. Righthaner Talbot will start the second game of Tuesday’s doubleheader against the Orioles. Maddon said he liked the way both of them match up against the Orioles’ lineup.
Matt Garza, originally scheduled to pitch Monday, will skip a turn in the rotation - a move that comes because he pitched on three days’ rest his last time out. His next outing will be Saturday at Detroit.