Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Panini reveals details about Pinnacle basketball
- Rays pick up pitcher in minor league Rule 5 draft
- Land O’ Lakes cross country stars Travis Nichols, Tyler Stahl commit to North Florida
- Beck staying with Longhorns
- Boys Basketball:FABC/Source Hoops Florida State Poll
- No Kloss? It’s baffling
- Boys Basketball: Robinson’s Brown reaches 1,000 career points
- Bucs’ Gholston a finalist for top weekly rookie honors
- Pasco High TE/DL Bowman Archibald picks up two Division I offers
- Girls Basketball: FABC/Source Hoops State Poll
- Land O’ Lakes boys soccer coach Mark Pearson earns 300th career win
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
Maddon tweaks rotation for Orioles series
Posted Sep 21, 2008 by Tribune Sports
Updated Sep 21, 2008 at 01:23 PM
Rays manager Joe Maddon has made his decision on which call-up, David Price or Mitch Talbot, will get a start this week at Baltimore.
Lefty Price, USA Today’s Minor League Player of the Year, will make his first major league start Monday night. Righthaner Talbot will start the second game of Tuesday’s doubleheader against the Orioles. Maddon said he liked the way both of them match up against the Orioles’ lineup.
Matt Garza, originally scheduled to pitch Monday, will skip a turn in the rotation - a move that comes because he pitched on three days’ rest his last time out. His next outing will be Saturday at Detroit.