Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Novel explores temptations, ramifications of steroid use
- Rays @ BoSox: Lineups and injury updates
- Rays @ Yankees: Notes and lineups
- Update on Peralta’s neck
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
Maddon tweaks rotation for Orioles series
Posted Sep 21, 2008 by Tribune Sports
Updated Sep 21, 2008 at 01:23 PM
Rays manager Joe Maddon has made his decision on which call-up, David Price or Mitch Talbot, will get a start this week at Baltimore.
Lefty Price, USA Today’s Minor League Player of the Year, will make his first major league start Monday night. Righthaner Talbot will start the second game of Tuesday’s doubleheader against the Orioles. Maddon said he liked the way both of them match up against the Orioles’ lineup.
Matt Garza, originally scheduled to pitch Monday, will skip a turn in the rotation - a move that comes because he pitched on three days’ rest his last time out. His next outing will be Saturday at Detroit.