Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
- Maddon’s Thanksmas returns for 8th year
Lots of activity this morning at camp
Posted Feb 12, 2013 by Roger Mooney
Updated Feb 12, 2013 at 12:12 PM
Rays pitcher Chris Archer signs autographs this morning.
There is plenty of activity at Charlotte Sports Park this morning as the Rays pitchers and catchers report for spring training.
At least a dozen pitchers are already working out, including David Price, Joel Peralta, Chris Archer and Kyle Farnsworth.
There are a handful of position players in camp as well, including Evan Longoria, James Loney, Sean Rodriguez and Tim Beckham.
Rays manager Joe Maddon and executive vice president of baseball Andrew Friedman will talk today at noon on the boardwalk in center field.
Camp officially begins tomorrow with the first workout for pitchers and catchers. The position players report Saturday. The first full squad workout is Sunday.