Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
- All-Western Conference Cheerleading
- Rays v NYY: Ramos makes his pitch
- Miracle Sports Florida State Softball Poll: Week 2
- Ramos now a candidate for 5th starters spot
- Rays @ BoSox: Archer’s first start
Looks like Upton has signed with the Braves
Posted Nov 28, 2012 by Roger Mooney
Updated Nov 28, 2012 at 07:00 PM
B.J. Upton added an Atlanta Braves logo to his twitter photo late this afternoon, a move that would confirm numerous reports that the former Rays center fielder agreed to a contract with the Braves.
Ken Rosenthal of Fox reported the deal is for five-years, $75.25 million pending a physical.
The Rays had offered Upton a one-year, $13.3 million deal after the season, but Upton turned it down to pursue free agency.
The Phillies were believed to be very interested in Upton.