Erik Erlendsson covers the Tampa Bay Lightning for The Tampa Tribune.
Most Recent Entries
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
- Maddon’s Thanksmas returns for 8th year
Looks like Lightning will call up Ty Wishart
Posted Jan 2, 2009 by Erik Erlendsson
Updated Jan 2, 2009 at 10:14 PM
While there was some talk earlier in the day that the Lighting might be looking to bring Mike Lundin back up, and exposing him to re-call waivers based on his singing bonus, it looks like - based on the lineup for Norfolk tonight - Tampa Bay will go in a different direction to bring up a healthy body to play defense.
With Ty Wishart, the former first round pick acquired from San Jose in the Dan Boyle trade, not playing for Norfolk tonight, all signs point to Wishart being brought up to play in Saturday’s game against Carolina to make his NHL debut, likely called up on an emergency basis.
Both Paul Ranger and Lukas Krajicek skated before practice on Friday, but neither took part in practice so it sounds like both are out against Carolina.
So, if you are counting at home, that means half of the defensive corps against Carolina will have been in the minors as recently as a week ago!!!!!