Erik Erlendsson covers the Tampa Bay Lightning for The Tampa Tribune.
Most Recent Entries
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
- All-Western Conference Cheerleading
- Rays v NYY: Ramos makes his pitch
- Miracle Sports Florida State Softball Poll: Week 2
- Ramos now a candidate for 5th starters spot
Looks like Lightning will call up Ty Wishart
Posted Jan 2, 2009 by Erik Erlendsson
Updated Jan 2, 2009 at 10:14 PM
While there was some talk earlier in the day that the Lighting might be looking to bring Mike Lundin back up, and exposing him to re-call waivers based on his singing bonus, it looks like - based on the lineup for Norfolk tonight - Tampa Bay will go in a different direction to bring up a healthy body to play defense.
With Ty Wishart, the former first round pick acquired from San Jose in the Dan Boyle trade, not playing for Norfolk tonight, all signs point to Wishart being brought up to play in Saturday’s game against Carolina to make his NHL debut, likely called up on an emergency basis.
Both Paul Ranger and Lukas Krajicek skated before practice on Friday, but neither took part in practice so it sounds like both are out against Carolina.
So, if you are counting at home, that means half of the defensive corps against Carolina will have been in the minors as recently as a week ago!!!!!