Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- A fresh, entertaining look at the 1991 World Series
- Plant’s Donahue signs with UF
- Florida High School Softball State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Brrrrrrrrrr
- Five Berkekey Prep student-athletes to be recognized at signing ceremony Wednesday
- Gulf softball coach Rick Hohenthaner resigns after 12 seasons
- Leaf heads to auction with Manziel predictor packs
- Panini provides a look at 2013-14 Signatures basketball product
- Testaverde leads group of seven Jesuit athletes to sign NLI’s Wednesday
- Florida High School Flag Football State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Lineups
- Patchan picks Hurricanes
- Recalling an iconic weekend at the Masters
- Rays @ Reds: Kiermaier starts, Myers, Jennings sit
- Fruhmorgen commits to Clemson
Longoria reinstated from DL
Posted Sep 6, 2008 by Marc Lancaster
Updated Sep 6, 2008 at 12:44 PM
TORONTO—About 20 minutes before game time, the Rays have reinstated Evan Longoria from the 15-day disabled list.
He still can’t hit, but will be available for late-inning defense and pinch-running as needed. This is something he wanted to do as he nears full strength.
“I’m hoping that I get activated pretty soon just so I can play maybe some late-inning defense or run the bases if we need it – but now that we’ve got Fernando [Perez] we might not need that,” Longoria said this morning. “Something, anything, at least to include me in the game so I can put my spikes on and be ready and start getting myself mentally prepared.”