Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Rays v Yankees: Moore looks for 9th, Hernandez staying put, Price update
- Rays v Yankees: Rodney remains the closer, Jennings off, Joyce back
- Gausman is Bowman’s No. 3 redemption card
- Topps previews baseball Update series
- Panini’s Prime Hockey will have extra treat
- Rays juggle rotation to get Cobb a start this weekend against Yankees
- Beckett opens weekly Wednesday chat room on Facebook page
- Rays @ Jays: Joyce update, Longo DH, Molina returns
- NFL Network report on Revis is revealing
- In The Game acquires Sport Kings LP
- Pasco WR Nate Craig (2016) up to 15 Division I offers
- Tampa Bay softball players honored by FACA
- Western Conference Baseball Teams
- Pasco baseball players Blaine Duncan, Matt Plourde headed to Barry, Daytona State respectively
- Maddon changes stance on Escobar’s home run guesture
- Bucs Report -Tribune staff
- Rays Report - Roger Mooney
- Bolts Report - Erik Erlendsson
- Bulls Report
- Prep Report - Hillsborough
- Prep Report - Pasco
- Prep Report - Region
- Prep Report - Recruiting Updates
- Prep Report - Football
- Go Fishing: On The Waterfront
- The Sports Bookie - Bob D'Angelo
- Gators Report - Tribune staff
- Youth Sports Report
- NFL Draft Report
- Go Ask: Frank's Tacklebox
- Bucified Bert Blog
- BUK Power - Bucs Fan Blog
- Pigskin Preacher - NFL Fan Blog
- Breakfast Bonus - Tom McEwen
- Highlands Sports
Longoria part owner of Ducky’s Sports Lounge
Posted Feb 28, 2013 by Roger Mooney
Updated Feb 28, 2013 at 11:43 AM
Rays 3B Evan Longoria is a part owner/investor of a new restaurant in Tampa, Ducky’s Sports Lounge, that is scheduled to open this spring.
Here is the release:
Ducky’s Sports Lounge will add a new dining and entertainment option in South Tampa, offering innovative bar foods, creative cocktails, state-of-the-art audio/visual capabilities and “mini bowling” in a relaxed, upscale atmosphere.
Located just west of downtown (1719 W. Kennedy Boulevard), the 5,700-square-foot boutique sports lounge will be the only restaurant in South Tampa to feature four lanes of mini bowling – a smaller, simpler form of the sport that does not require special shoes, uses a smaller ball, and incorporates two, 80-inch high-definition projection screens in the middle of each lane for optimal game viewing.
The main attraction for sports fans will be the 42-inch screens placed throughout the lounge, making Ducky’s the “best seat in the house” for every sporting event.
The restaurant will seat 148 guests and will be open seven days a week for lunch, dinner, happy hour and late night dining.
The Ducky’s Sports Lounge concept was created and developed by several Tampa area businessmen, including Tampa Bay Rays three-time American League All-Star third baseman, Evan Longoria.
“Ducky’s will have a little something for everyone – mini bowling for friends and families, a convenient happy hour spot for the downtown crowd and an incredible game-watching venue for sports fans,” said Keith Goan, one of Ducky’s owners. “It’s exciting to be a part of the current wave of development along Kennedy Boulevard and to bring this unique concept to the area.”
Ducky’s menu has been developed by long-time chef Frankie Midulla who has worked in New York, Miami and Tampa. Chef Frankie honed his craft locally at Valencia Gardens and at his own restaurant, Midulla’s.
The menu will consist of innovative bar foods ranging from pretzel-wrapped pigs in a blanket to Italian sausage sliders. The restaurant will also feature New York-style thin-crust pizzas created by veteran Tampa restaurateur, Rico Iavarone, along with menu items inspired by local heritage, such as deviled crab, media noche sliders and palomilla steak sandwiches. Healthier options include “The Healthy Duck” – a healthy special of the day – and a create-your-own salad option.
For more information on Ducky’s Sports Lounge, visit http://www.DuckysTampa.com.