Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Rays v Yankees: Jennings out with groin injury
- Rays vs Yankees: lineups
- Girls Basketball: Walker, Gregory lead Tampa Bay players on All-State Teams
- A fresh, entertaining look at the 1991 World Series
- Plant’s Donahue signs with UF
- Florida High School Softball State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Brrrrrrrrrr
- Five Berkekey Prep student-athletes to be recognized at signing ceremony Wednesday
- Gulf softball coach Rick Hohenthaner resigns after 12 seasons
- Leaf heads to auction with Manziel predictor packs
- Panini provides a look at 2013-14 Signatures basketball product
- Testaverde leads group of seven Jesuit athletes to sign NLI’s Wednesday
- Florida High School Flag Football State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Lineups
- Patchan picks Hurricanes
Longo will return Tuesday
Posted Aug 6, 2012 by Roger Mooney
Updated Aug 6, 2012 at 04:06 PM
ST. PETERSBURG The Rays will activated 3B Evan Longoria on Tuesday afternoon.
Longoria has not played since he partially tore his left hamstring April 30.
He was hitting .329 with four home runs and 19 RBI prior to his injury.
The Rays were 15-8 before Longoria’s injury and 41-44 without him in the lineup.
Longoria played eight games at Triple A Durham during his minor league rehab assignment. He was 5-for-25 with seven walks and three doubles.
INF Will Rhymes was optioned to Durham on Monday.