Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Panini reveals details about Pinnacle basketball
- Rays pick up pitcher in minor league Rule 5 draft
- Land O’ Lakes cross country stars Travis Nichols, Tyler Stahl commit to North Florida
- Beck staying with Longhorns
- Boys Basketball:FABC/Source Hoops Florida State Poll
- No Kloss? It’s baffling
- Boys Basketball: Robinson’s Brown reaches 1,000 career points
- Bucs’ Gholston a finalist for top weekly rookie honors
- Pasco High TE/DL Bowman Archibald picks up two Division I offers
- Girls Basketball: FABC/Source Hoops State Poll
- Land O’ Lakes boys soccer coach Mark Pearson earns 300th career win
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
Longo will return Tuesday
Posted Aug 6, 2012 by Roger Mooney
Updated Aug 6, 2012 at 04:06 PM
ST. PETERSBURG The Rays will activated 3B Evan Longoria on Tuesday afternoon.
Longoria has not played since he partially tore his left hamstring April 30.
He was hitting .329 with four home runs and 19 RBI prior to his injury.
The Rays were 15-8 before Longoria’s injury and 41-44 without him in the lineup.
Longoria played eight games at Triple A Durham during his minor league rehab assignment. He was 5-for-25 with seven walks and three doubles.
INF Will Rhymes was optioned to Durham on Monday.