Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Rays @ BoSox: Lineups and injury updates
- Rays @ Yankees: Notes and lineups
- Update on Peralta’s neck
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
- All-Western Conference Cheerleading
Longo will return Tuesday
Posted Aug 6, 2012 by Roger Mooney
Updated Aug 6, 2012 at 04:06 PM
ST. PETERSBURG The Rays will activated 3B Evan Longoria on Tuesday afternoon.
Longoria has not played since he partially tore his left hamstring April 30.
He was hitting .329 with four home runs and 19 RBI prior to his injury.
The Rays were 15-8 before Longoria’s injury and 41-44 without him in the lineup.
Longoria played eight games at Triple A Durham during his minor league rehab assignment. He was 5-for-25 with seven walks and three doubles.
INF Will Rhymes was optioned to Durham on Monday.