Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Rays pick up pitcher in minor league Rule 5 draft
- Land O’ Lakes cross country stars Travis Nichols, Tyler Stahl commit to North Florida
- Beck staying with Longhorns
- Boys Basketball:FABC/Source Hoops Florida State Poll
- No Kloss? It’s baffling
- Boys Basketball: Robinson’s Brown reaches 1,000 career points
- Bucs’ Gholston a finalist for top weekly rookie honors
- Pasco High TE/DL Bowman Archibald picks up two Division I offers
- Girls Basketball: FABC/Source Hoops State Poll
- Land O’ Lakes boys soccer coach Mark Pearson earns 300th career win
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
Longo, Keppinger to begin minor league rehab assignments Friday
Posted Jun 14, 2012 by Roger Mooney
Updated Jun 14, 2012 at 06:04 PM
ST. PETERSBURG 3B Evan Longoria (partially torn left hamstring) and INF Jeff Keppinger (broke big toe on right foot) are headed to Triple A Durham where they will each begin their minor league rehab assignments.
Longoria, who has missed 40 games, will workout with the team Friday and DH on Saturday.
Keppinger, who hasn’t played since May 19, will DH on Friday and play the field Saturday.
Rays manager Joe Maddon didn’t have the schedules behind Saturday, but it’s likely both will rejoin the Rays on the upcoming nine-game road trip.