Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Panini goes on a basketball Crusade
- Sunlake’s Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers’ 2014 Mr. Soccer
- Rays v Twins: Injury updates and lineups
- Novel explores temptations, ramifications of steroid use
- Rays @ BoSox: Lineups and injury updates
- Rays @ Yankees: Notes and lineups
- Update on Peralta’s neck
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
Longo is going to be a dad
Posted Dec 17, 2012 by Roger Mooney
Updated Dec 17, 2012 at 06:15 PM
ST. PETERSBURG Tampa Bay Rays third baseman Evan Longoria has been called a slugger, a rookie of the year, an all-star and a gold glove-defender. This spring he will receive perhaps the best label of all – dad.
Longoria and his girlfriend, January 2010 Playboy centerfold Jaime Edmondson, took to twitter to announce that they are expecting their first child. The tiny bundle of joy is expected to arrive in March.
Edmondson posted a photo on twitter of a tiny Longoria jersey hanging next to one worn by Evan with these words: “We’re starting a league of our own.”
Edmondson also tweeted, “Evan & I really appreciate all of the kind words & well wishes we have gotten today…we look forward to being parents.”