Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- No Kloss? It’s baffling
- Boys Basketball: Robinson’s Brown reaches 1,000 career points
- Bucs’ Gholston a finalist for top weekly rookie honors
- Pasco High TE/DL Bowman Archibald picks up two Division I offers
- Girls Basketball: FABC/Source Hoops State Poll
- Land O’ Lakes boys soccer coach Mark Pearson earns 300th career win
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
Longo is going to be a dad
Posted Dec 17, 2012 by Roger Mooney
Updated Dec 17, 2012 at 06:15 PM
ST. PETERSBURG Tampa Bay Rays third baseman Evan Longoria has been called a slugger, a rookie of the year, an all-star and a gold glove-defender. This spring he will receive perhaps the best label of all – dad.
Longoria and his girlfriend, January 2010 Playboy centerfold Jaime Edmondson, took to twitter to announce that they are expecting their first child. The tiny bundle of joy is expected to arrive in March.
Edmondson posted a photo on twitter of a tiny Longoria jersey hanging next to one worn by Evan with these words: “We’re starting a league of our own.”
Edmondson also tweeted, “Evan & I really appreciate all of the kind words & well wishes we have gotten today…we look forward to being parents.”