Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Rays @ BoSox: Lineups and injury updates
- Rays @ Yankees: Notes and lineups
- Update on Peralta’s neck
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
- All-Western Conference Cheerleading
Longo, Edmondson welcome baby girl
Posted Feb 21, 2013 by Roger Mooney
Updated Feb 21, 2013 at 02:45 PM
PORT CHARLOTTE Jaime Edmondson, the girlfriend of Tampa Bay Rays third baseman Evan Longoria, gave birth to their first child Wednesday night.
The couple has yet to announce the news, but Rays manager Joe Maddon said he texted Longoria on Wednesday night to see if everything was well.
“He told me everything was great,” Maddon said.
The couple had a girl but Maddon said he did not know her name.
Longoria did not attend Thursday’s workout, and Maddon said he wasn’t sure when Longoria would return to the team.
The baby was due April 1 but on the advice of her doctor, Edmondson had the labor induced Wednesday.