Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
- All-Western Conference Cheerleading
- Rays v NYY: Ramos makes his pitch
- Miracle Sports Florida State Softball Poll: Week 2
- Ramos now a candidate for 5th starters spot
Longo, Bucs Freeman recreate classic album covers for ESPN The Magazine
Posted Feb 5, 2013 by Roger Mooney
Updated Feb 5, 2013 at 02:41 PM
Rays third baseman Evan Longoria with the help from some of his MLB buddies recreated the cover of Devo’s “Freedom of Choice” album cover for ESPN The Magazine’s Music Issue, which will hit newsstands Friday.
Bucs quarterback Josh Freeman does the same for Michael Jackson’s “Thriller.”
Released in 1980, Devo’s “Freedom of Choice,” which included “Whip It,” ushered in the New Wave Era.
Posing with Longoria are Justin Upton, Brandon Phillips, Giancarlo Stanton and Shane Victorino.
“Thriller,” released in 1982, is the best-selling album of all-time. Posing with Freeman is a tiger cub.
Click here to see Longo, Freeman and the other athletes featured in the issue: http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/feature/index?page=MusicIssue