Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Five Berkekey Prep student-athletes to be recognized at signing ceremony Wednesday
- Gulf softball coach Rick Hohenthaner resigns after 12 seasons
- Leaf heads to auction with Manziel predictor packs
- Panini provides a look at 2013-14 Signatures basketball product
- Testaverde leads group of seven Jesuit athletes to sign NLI’s Wednesday
- Florida High School Flag Football State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Lineups
- Patchan picks Hurricanes
- Recalling an iconic weekend at the Masters
- Rays @ Reds: Kiermaier starts, Myers, Jennings sit
- Fruhmorgen commits to Clemson
- Boys Basketball: Jean, Ingram make 7A All-State Team
- Florida High School Softball State Poll
- Aaron auto is mystery redemption card No. 1 for 2014 Topps Tribute
- Bishop McLaughlin names assistant Craig Moore as its head football coach
Longo, Bucs Freeman recreate classic album covers for ESPN The Magazine
Posted Feb 5, 2013 by Roger Mooney
Updated Feb 5, 2013 at 02:41 PM
Rays third baseman Evan Longoria with the help from some of his MLB buddies recreated the cover of Devo’s “Freedom of Choice” album cover for ESPN The Magazine’s Music Issue, which will hit newsstands Friday.
Bucs quarterback Josh Freeman does the same for Michael Jackson’s “Thriller.”
Released in 1980, Devo’s “Freedom of Choice,” which included “Whip It,” ushered in the New Wave Era.
Posing with Longoria are Justin Upton, Brandon Phillips, Giancarlo Stanton and Shane Victorino.
“Thriller,” released in 1982, is the best-selling album of all-time. Posing with Freeman is a tiger cub.
Click here to see Longo, Freeman and the other athletes featured in the issue: http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/feature/index?page=MusicIssue