Most Recent Entries
- Boys Basketball: Robinson’s Brown reaches 1,000 career points
- Bucs’ Gholston a finalist for top weekly rookie honors
- Pasco High TE/DL Bowman Archibald picks up two Division I offers
- Girls Basketball: FABC/Source Hoops State Poll
- Land O’ Lakes boys soccer coach Mark Pearson earns 300th career win
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
Locals latch on with Gators
Posted Aug 18, 2012 by Bill Ward
Updated Aug 18, 2012 at 11:18 PM
The University of Florida football team held an open practice on Saturday morning and thanks to Jack Joyer, we received a photo of three Hillsborough County products now playing for the Gators.
One of those players, of course, is Joyer’s son, Hunter, who played for Tampa Catholic and Wesley Chapel. The other two pictured are another ex-TC star, offensive lineman Chaz Green, and former Armwood lineman Matt Patchan. Hunter and Green are entering their sophomore season while Patchan is a junior.
Other county players on UF’s roster include Plant product Grant Van Aman, who is punting, linebacker Scott Peek of Freedom, punter Justin Vogel of Berkeley Prep and running back Matt Jones of Armwood.
Saturday’s open practice at Ben Hill Griffin Stadium was held in conjunction with Verizon Fan Day, which was scheduled for 3-6 p.m. at the Stephen C. O’Connell Center.
In addition to seeing Gators players Saturday, fans also got their first look at the newly renovated West Concourse. There’s been several major upgrades to that section of the stadium, including improvements in spacing, concessions and restrooms.