Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Land O’ Lakes boys soccer coach Mark Pearson picks up 300th career win
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
Lobaton on DL, Gimenez coming up from Durham
Posted Apr 14, 2012 by Roger Mooney
Updated Apr 14, 2012 at 08:14 PM
BOSTON As expected the Rays placed C Jose Lobaton on the 15-day disabled list (retroactive to Friday) after tonight’s loss and purchased the contract of C Chris Gimenez from Triple A Durham.
Gimenez will start this afternoon against the Red Sox.
Lobaton suffered what is being called a sore right shoulder during Thursday’s game against the Tigers in Detroit.
“It’s not awful,” Rays manager Joe Maddon said of the injury, but Lobaton can’t throw.
Gimenez, who played two games for the Bulls, suffered a testicle contusion and has been on the 7-day Triple A disabled list this past week.