Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Rays @ BoSox: Lineups and injury updates
- Rays @ Yankees: Notes and lineups
- Update on Peralta’s neck
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
- All-Western Conference Cheerleading
Lobaton on DL, Gimenez coming up from Durham
Posted Apr 14, 2012 by Roger Mooney
Updated Apr 14, 2012 at 08:14 PM
BOSTON As expected the Rays placed C Jose Lobaton on the 15-day disabled list (retroactive to Friday) after tonight’s loss and purchased the contract of C Chris Gimenez from Triple A Durham.
Gimenez will start this afternoon against the Red Sox.
Lobaton suffered what is being called a sore right shoulder during Thursday’s game against the Tigers in Detroit.
“It’s not awful,” Rays manager Joe Maddon said of the injury, but Lobaton can’t throw.
Gimenez, who played two games for the Bulls, suffered a testicle contusion and has been on the 7-day Triple A disabled list this past week.