Erik Erlendsson covers the Tampa Bay Lightning for The Tampa Tribune.
Most Recent Entries
- Rays vs Yankees: lineups
- Girls Basketball: Walker, Gregory lead Tampa Bay players on All-State Teams
- A fresh, entertaining look at the 1991 World Series
- Plant’s Donahue signs with UF
- Florida High School Softball State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Brrrrrrrrrr
- Five Berkekey Prep student-athletes to be recognized at signing ceremony Wednesday
- Gulf softball coach Rick Hohenthaner resigns after 12 seasons
- Leaf heads to auction with Manziel predictor packs
- Panini provides a look at 2013-14 Signatures basketball product
- Testaverde leads group of seven Jesuit athletes to sign NLI’s Wednesday
- Florida High School Flag Football State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Lineups
- Patchan picks Hurricanes
- Recalling an iconic weekend at the Masters
Lightning to sign a new goaltender
Posted Mar 17, 2012 by Erik Erlendsson
Updated Mar 17, 2012 at 08:34 PM
The website for German team Iserlohn Roosters stated the Lightning have signed former NHL G Sebastien Caron to a contract for the remainder of the season. Tampa Bay general manager said he expects the deal to be announced on Monday. Caron has to clear waivers before joining the Lightning which means he would be eligible to play no sooner than Thursday against Edmonton.
In 92 career NHL games, all but two with Pittsburgh, Caron has a career record of 25-47-12 with a 3.45 goals against average and .892 save percentage. He has spent the past five seasons in Europe. In 49 games with Iserlohn this season Caron posted a 2.57 goals against average an .932 save percentage.