Erik Erlendsson covers the Tampa Bay Lightning for The Tampa Tribune.
Most Recent Entries
- Novel explores temptations, ramifications of steroid use
- Rays @ BoSox: Lineups and injury updates
- Rays @ Yankees: Notes and lineups
- Update on Peralta’s neck
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
Lightning to sign a new goaltender
Posted Mar 17, 2012 by Erik Erlendsson
Updated Mar 17, 2012 at 08:34 PM
The website for German team Iserlohn Roosters stated the Lightning have signed former NHL G Sebastien Caron to a contract for the remainder of the season. Tampa Bay general manager said he expects the deal to be announced on Monday. Caron has to clear waivers before joining the Lightning which means he would be eligible to play no sooner than Thursday against Edmonton.
In 92 career NHL games, all but two with Pittsburgh, Caron has a career record of 25-47-12 with a 3.45 goals against average and .892 save percentage. He has spent the past five seasons in Europe. In 49 games with Iserlohn this season Caron posted a 2.57 goals against average an .932 save percentage.