Erik Erlendsson covers the Tampa Bay Lightning for The Tampa Tribune.
Most Recent Entries
- Panini reveals details about Pinnacle basketball
- Rays pick up pitcher in minor league Rule 5 draft
- Land O’ Lakes cross country stars Travis Nichols, Tyler Stahl commit to North Florida
- Beck staying with Longhorns
- Boys Basketball:FABC/Source Hoops Florida State Poll
- No Kloss? It’s baffling
- Boys Basketball: Robinson’s Brown reaches 1,000 career points
- Bucs’ Gholston a finalist for top weekly rookie honors
- Pasco High TE/DL Bowman Archibald picks up two Division I offers
- Girls Basketball: FABC/Source Hoops State Poll
- Land O’ Lakes boys soccer coach Mark Pearson earns 300th career win
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
Lightning to sign a new goaltender
Posted Mar 17, 2012 by Erik Erlendsson
Updated Mar 17, 2012 at 08:34 PM
The website for German team Iserlohn Roosters stated the Lightning have signed former NHL G Sebastien Caron to a contract for the remainder of the season. Tampa Bay general manager said he expects the deal to be announced on Monday. Caron has to clear waivers before joining the Lightning which means he would be eligible to play no sooner than Thursday against Edmonton.
In 92 career NHL games, all but two with Pittsburgh, Caron has a career record of 25-47-12 with a 3.45 goals against average and .892 save percentage. He has spent the past five seasons in Europe. In 49 games with Iserlohn this season Caron posted a 2.57 goals against average an .932 save percentage.