Erik Erlendsson covers the Tampa Bay Lightning for The Tampa Tribune.
Most Recent Entries
- Rays @ BoSox: Lineups and injury updates
- Rays @ Yankees: Notes and lineups
- Update on Peralta’s neck
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
- All-Western Conference Cheerleading
Lightning sign defenseman Charles Landry
Posted Sep 15, 2010 by Erik Erlendsson
Updated Sep 15, 2010 at 09:36 PM
Here’s the info from the team on the 5-foot-11 blue liner who appeared in three games with the Lightning at Traverse City on a tryout:
The Tampa Bay Lightning have signed defenseman Charles Landry to a three-year entry level contract tonight, Vice President and General Manager Steve Yzerman announced. He will be assigned to his junior team, the Montreal Juniors of the QMJHL.
Landry, 5-foot-11, 187 pounds, played in 68 games with the Drummondville Voltigeurs of the QMJHL last season, recording six goals and 30 points. He was one of six players on Drummondville to appear in a team-high 68 games and was third among defensemen in points. Landry also played in 14 playoff games last season, recording three goals and five points.
A native of Napierville, Quebec, Landry has played in 177 QMJHL games, all with the Voltigeurs. He has registered 11 goals and 56 points during his career. He has also skated in 33 post season games during the previous two seasons, amassing five goals and nine points.
Originally undrafted, Landry recently represented the Lightning in three games at the 2010 Traverse City Prospect Tournament as in invitee.