Erik Erlendsson covers the Tampa Bay Lightning for The Tampa Tribune.
Most Recent Entries
- Rays v Yankees: Jennings out with groin injury
- Rays vs Yankees: lineups
- Girls Basketball: Walker, Gregory lead Tampa Bay players on All-State Teams
- A fresh, entertaining look at the 1991 World Series
- Plant’s Donahue signs with UF
- Florida High School Softball State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Brrrrrrrrrr
- Five Berkekey Prep student-athletes to be recognized at signing ceremony Wednesday
- Gulf softball coach Rick Hohenthaner resigns after 12 seasons
- Leaf heads to auction with Manziel predictor packs
- Panini provides a look at 2013-14 Signatures basketball product
- Testaverde leads group of seven Jesuit athletes to sign NLI’s Wednesday
- Florida High School Flag Football State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Lineups
- Patchan picks Hurricanes
Lightning send qualifying offers out - two not tendered
Posted Jun 29, 2009 by Erik Erlendsson
Updated Jun 29, 2009 at 01:23 PM
The Lightning have extended qualifying offers to nine of the team’s 11 restricted free agents.
By extending the offers, the team retains negotiating rights and rights to match any offer sheet a player may receive as well as the right to compensation should the Lightning decline to match an offer sheet. Those not receiving the qualifying offers become unrestricted free agents. The deadline to extend the offers was 5 p.m. tonight.
Those who receive offers:
Those not receiving offers:
In regards to Ramo and Smolenak, both players have signed contracts this season to play in the Russian Kontinental Hockey League, but by extending the qualifying offers, the team retains the rights to both players.