Erik Erlendsson covers the Tampa Bay Lightning for The Tampa Tribune.
Most Recent Entries
- Rays-BoSox in rain delay
- Davis named new girls basketball coach at Jefferson
- Collect call: 2013 Leaf Draft football
- Brooks-DeBartolo hires new girls basketball coach
- Rays 2 BoSox: Myers batting 6th, Longo back at 3B for Game 1
- Familiarity breeds confidence for Bucs
- Collect call: 2013 Bowman football
- Rays’ Myers is Bowman’s fifth lucky redemption
- Basketball showcase tonight at Berkeley Prep
- Archer, Odorizzi for doubleheader in Boston means lots of starts by rookies on this trip
- Gaither QB commits to FIU
- Gaither QB commits to FIU
- Rays v KC: Cobb tries to right the ship, Johnson dropped in the order
- Collect call: 2013 Topps Archives baseball
- Rays v KC: Moore tries to rebound
Lightning season ticket deal selling fast (plus a couple of other notes)
Posted Aug 8, 2008 by Erik Erlendsson
Updated Aug 8, 2008 at 06:39 PM
I didn’t think much about this when it was announced last week, but apparatley the $6.20 per game season ticket package is flying off the racks, so to speak. As of Wednesday, the 300-level season-ticket deal, offered here had sold over 650 tickets. I’m not sure how many are left, but I would have to think that there’s not many left.
So, expect to hear another deal coming soon that offers a full-season package for $1,599 to sit in the lower level south end zone. That averages out to $39 per game for lower bowl tickets. At this rate, getting into the building the hockey season might be a bit difficult to pull off if you are hoping to pick and choose single-game seats.
You have to be impressed with how the team has generated a serious buzz for the upcoming season, and by the reaction, a lot of you guys are pumped for it as well.
A couple of other notes I wanted to be sure and pass along:
* Many have asked about training camp, and I don’t have a ton of information at this point as the subject is starting to be discussed internally right now. But the starting date is Sept. 16, which is a Tuesday. Not sure if it’s going to be in Brandon this year. With everything so tight, sounds like the idea right now is to hold it at the St. Pete Times Forum with dates for the public still being discussed. Doesn’t sound like there are going to be scrimmages involved as four days after camp opens, the team will head to Pittsburgh for a preseason game. Obviously when I get more details, I’ll pass them along.
* It sounds like there will be an IceFest celebration, like they had last year when the new uniforms were unveiled, and Sept. 21 appears to be the date that is targeted right now to be held at the St. Pete Times Forum.
* Not sure if anybody caught this in the preseason ticket sale post, but a possible sixth preseason game is in the works for when the team is in Europe to get ready for the start of the season. Sounds like Slovakia might be the area the team head for, but that’s more of an informed speculation right now.
* And finally, all that talk of Tampa Bay possible being interested in trading for Bryan McCabe, it’s not happening. While the Lightning continue to seek out a trade or two to find a veteran defenseman in some capacity who can not only act as a mentor, but also provide some quality minutes in a stay-at-home type of role. McCabe doesn’t fit that bill at all, and a well placed source informed me that McCabe is not on the team’s short list of targets.