Erik Erlendsson covers the Tampa Bay Lightning for The Tampa Tribune.
Most Recent Entries
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
- Maddon’s Thanksmas returns for 8th year
- Maddux, Glavine, Thomas highlight newcomers on Hall of Fame ballot
Lightning roster set?
Posted Sep 29, 2007 by Erik Erlendsson
Updated Sep 29, 2007 at 10:39 AM
Saw the lastest insider report on the team web site and it shows that Bryce Lampman, Kyle Wanvig and Mathieu Darche have all been placed on waivers with the intent of sending them to Norfolk of the AHL. So what’s that mean? Well, it appears that the team will keep 21 players, and according to the web site, Doug Janik is the extra defenseman meaning that Matt Smaby and Mike Lundin are in the top six on the blue line. Interesting developments to be sure. Guess we’ll find out after we get to the rink for the morning skate…..
Here’s the 21
Vinny Prospal-Vinny Lecavalier-Marty St. Louis
Jan Hlavac-Brad Richards-Michel Ouellet
Andreas Karlsson-Chris Gratton-Jason Ward
Andre Roy-Craig MacDonald-Nick Tarnasky
Shane O’Brien-Filip Kuba
Brad Lukowich-Paul Ranger
Mike Lundin-Matt Smaby
Not convinced the D pairings will stay the same as above as I can’t think that Lundin and Smaby will be a paring, but we’ll have to see!