Erik Erlendsson covers the Tampa Bay Lightning for The Tampa Tribune.
Most Recent Entries
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
- Maddon’s Thanksmas returns for 8th year
Lightning cut five from training camp
Posted Sep 15, 2009 by Erik Erlendsson
Updated Sep 15, 2009 at 05:32 PM
From the team, Sointu, DeCoste, Zador, Barbario and Hutchingd all sent back to their junior team.
The Tampa Bay Lightning reduced their training camp roster by five today, Executive Vice President and General Manager Brian Lawton announced. The Lightning now have 47 players remaining in camp as they prepare for their first preseason game of 2009 tomorrow night in Dallas (8:30 p.m., 970 WFLA).
Following are the five players who have been reassigned:
Pos. Name Assigned to
G Michael Zador Oshawa (OHL)
RW Matias Sointu Ottawa (OHL)
D Mark Barberio Moncton (QMJHL)
LW Alex Hutchings Barrie (OHL)
RW Kyle DeCoste Sault Ste. Marie (OHL)
Following the Lightning’s game Wednesday night against the Stars they will return home for their first and only home game of the 2009 preseason Friday night at 7:30 p.m. against the Atlanta Thrashers at the St. Pete Times Forum (970 WFLA). For ticket information call 813.301.6600.