Erik Erlendsson covers the Tampa Bay Lightning for The Tampa Tribune.
Most Recent Entries
- A fresh, entertaining look at the 1991 World Series
- Plant’s Donahue signs with UF
- Florida High School Softball State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Brrrrrrrrrr
- Five Berkekey Prep student-athletes to be recognized at signing ceremony Wednesday
- Gulf softball coach Rick Hohenthaner resigns after 12 seasons
- Leaf heads to auction with Manziel predictor packs
- Panini provides a look at 2013-14 Signatures basketball product
- Testaverde leads group of seven Jesuit athletes to sign NLI’s Wednesday
- Florida High School Flag Football State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Lineups
- Patchan picks Hurricanes
- Recalling an iconic weekend at the Masters
- Rays @ Reds: Kiermaier starts, Myers, Jennings sit
- Fruhmorgen commits to Clemson
Lightning cut five from training camp
Posted Sep 15, 2009 by Erik Erlendsson
Updated Sep 15, 2009 at 05:32 PM
From the team, Sointu, DeCoste, Zador, Barbario and Hutchingd all sent back to their junior team.
The Tampa Bay Lightning reduced their training camp roster by five today, Executive Vice President and General Manager Brian Lawton announced. The Lightning now have 47 players remaining in camp as they prepare for their first preseason game of 2009 tomorrow night in Dallas (8:30 p.m., 970 WFLA).
Following are the five players who have been reassigned:
Pos. Name Assigned to
G Michael Zador Oshawa (OHL)
RW Matias Sointu Ottawa (OHL)
D Mark Barberio Moncton (QMJHL)
LW Alex Hutchings Barrie (OHL)
RW Kyle DeCoste Sault Ste. Marie (OHL)
Following the Lightning’s game Wednesday night against the Stars they will return home for their first and only home game of the 2009 preseason Friday night at 7:30 p.m. against the Atlanta Thrashers at the St. Pete Times Forum (970 WFLA). For ticket information call 813.301.6600.