Erik Erlendsson covers the Tampa Bay Lightning for The Tampa Tribune.
Most Recent Entries
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
- All-Western Conference Cheerleading
- Rays v NYY: Ramos makes his pitch
- Miracle Sports Florida State Softball Poll: Week 2
- Ramos now a candidate for 5th starters spot
Lightning call up Melichar
Posted Mar 19, 2009 by Erik Erlendsson
Updated Mar 19, 2009 at 12:19 PM
TAMPA - Nothing official from the team, but Josef Melichar was in the locker room this morning although he didn’t take part in the morning skate. That’s probably because Melichar has to clear re-entry waivers before being added to the roster, which should happen at noon.
Assuming Melichar clears, he is expected to play with Cory Murphy out with a broken foot. Also, David Koci took the morning skate on defense and that looks to be where he will play tonight. Richard Petiot came off the ice late, so it looks like he might be out tonight.
Mike McKenna gets the nod in goal.
UPDATE at 12:20 - Melichar did clear waivers and will be in the lineup. Rick Tocchet said that Petiot will be in tonight while David Koci will also play, but at forward. With Adam Hall back playing, it means that another forward will come out. My guess is that it might be Ryan Craig.