Erik Erlendsson covers the Tampa Bay Lightning for The Tampa Tribune.
Most Recent Entries
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
- All-Western Conference Cheerleading
- Rays v NYY: Ramos makes his pitch
- Miracle Sports Florida State Softball Poll: Week 2
- Ramos now a candidate for 5th starters spot
Lightning begin search for 2012-13 Lightning Girls
Posted Jul 16, 2012 by TBO.com
Updated Jul 16, 2012 at 01:50 PM
TAMPA – The Tampa Bay Lightning have begun the search for the 2012-13 Lightning Girls team.
Interested females must be 18 years of age or older at the time of the interview and must have a high school diploma or general education diploma (GED). Candidates are advised to submit a resume, one 5x7 headshot and a two-minute video DVD (or web link to video) expressing their desire to be a Lightning Girl and any special talents or unique skills they may have.
Dance, cheer, hockey knowledge and the ability to skate is preferred, but not required. Candidates should have an outgoing personality with strong interpersonal skills and should also be comfortable with performing in front of a large audience and communicating effectively with the public in an engaging manner. Individuals with a special interest in sports, exercise and living a healthy lifestyle are encouraged to apply.
Auditions to become a Lightning Girl will be held on Sunday, July 29 at the USF Sun Dome. Registration on July 29 will last an hour, beginning at 10 a.m. with auditions starting promptly at 11 a.m. Candidates interested in trying out are asked to bring photo identification, a headshot and a resume to the audition. Those who advance will be brought in for interviews in early August.
The Lightning Girls entertain fans at all Lightning home games and appear at various appearances throughout the Bay Area each year.