Erik Erlendsson covers the Tampa Bay Lightning for The Tampa Tribune.
Most Recent Entries
- Rays @ O’s: Rays on FOX game of the week
- Seffner Christian’s Hanson picks Liberty
- Current Baseball America prospect list boasts five locals
- Rays @ O’s: Hellickson returns to mound to start trip
- Former Newsome tennis standout, Hersh, named POY
- Bishop McLaughlin sophomore OH Alyssa Mathis commits to San Diego State
- Rays v BoSox: Price looks for 2nd win, Escobar moved to 5th in order
- Area athletes sign and commit to colleges
- Steinbrenner announces athletic signings
- Mitchell P/INF Chris McCormick commits to PHCC
- Three Hudson girls soccer players, including first the Division I scholarship, to sign Friday
- Connors holds serve in autobiography
- Allergies might be behind Price’s poor start
- Holy Names’ Martin picks TCU
- Rays v BoSox: Jennings returns, Rays looking for 6th straight W
- Bucs Report -Tribune staff
- Rays Report - Roger Mooney
- Bolts Report - Erik Erlendsson
- Bulls Report
- Prep Report - Hillsborough
- Prep Report - Pasco
- Prep Report - Region
- Prep Report - Recruiting Updates
- Prep Report - Football
- Go Fishing: On The Waterfront
- The Sports Bookie - Bob D'Angelo
- Gators Report - Tribune staff
- Youth Sports Report
- NFL Draft Report
- Go Ask: Frank's Tacklebox
- Bucified Bert Blog
- BUK Power - Bucs Fan Blog
- Pigskin Preacher - NFL Fan Blog
- Breakfast Bonus - Tom McEwen
- Highlands Sports
Lightning announce season ticket renewal campaign
Posted Mar 5, 2012 by Erik Erlendsson
Updated Mar 5, 2012 at 03:42 PM
The microchip jersey program will continue, and any new season ticket purchase will included a personalized jersey with the chip inserted in the sleeve. In addition, renewal packages for existing season ticket holders includes a special commemorative 20th Anniversary season patch for their jerseys as well as being eligible for special giveaways.
The details are below from the official news release from the team:
In preparation for the team’s 20th Anniversary season, the Tampa Bay Lightning announced today the launching of the 2012-13 season ticket renewal program for current season ticket members. Full and half-season members will begin to receive hard copies of their renewal packets over the next few days or they can immediately access their accounts at the newly created bethethunder.com website. Fans interested in becoming new Lightning season ticket members for 2012-13 can also go to bethethunder.com to look at pricing and seating opportunities.
Highlights in the season ticket packages include per game price decreases of nearly 1,500 promenade (lower) level seats, more than 5,000 seats priced at $18 or less per game on a full season basis and an average per game price increase of just 1% overall. The Lightning’s revolutionary micro-chipped jersey concept returns, guaranteeing 25% discounts for food and beverage and 35% for merchandise for all full season seat members. Fans will also notice a 43-game schedule for 2012-13, one more than the 42 played at home in 2011-12, as an additional preseason game has been added to the slate.
“We are pleased to announce our season ticket pricing structure for next season and offer great renewal opportunities now,” said Chief Operating Officer Steve Griggs. “We believe our team, the transformed Tampa Bay Times Forum and our in-arena fan experience, combined with one of the lowest average season ticket prices in the National Hockey League, offers tremendous value to our season ticket members.”
For the first time in its history, the Lightning is presenting a “Loyalty and Recognition” program offering enhanced benefits and amenities for long-time full season ticket members and other special benefits for season ticket members that regularly attend home games. Additionally, the Lightning will be automatically entering all renewed accounts into their 30 days of prizes giveaway, which features hundreds of thousands of dollars in prizes such as, Busch Gardens tickets, flat screen televisions and trips to the NHL Awards in Las Vegas.
Although limited numbers remain, new full season ticket members committing now for the 2012-13 campaign will receive a micro-chipped, personalized Lightning home jersey good for the same great discounts current members are enjoying at all home games. Renewing members will be entitled to these same discounts again next year and all season ticket members for 2012-13 will receive a commemorative Lightning 20th Anniversary patch for their jerseys.
As part of the renewal process, season ticket members can reserve their seats for the 2012 NHL Playoffs should the Lightning qualify. The popular “Cheer Now, Pay Later” plan is available, allowing members to watch Lightning playoff action before paying for their tickets.
For more information on the renewal process, new season ticket purchases, 2012 NHL Playoff Tickets, the loyalty and recognition programs and the 30-day prize giveaway, fans are encouraged to log on to bethethunder.com or call the Lightning sales team at (813) 301-6600.