Erik Erlendsson covers the Tampa Bay Lightning for The Tampa Tribune.
Most Recent Entries
- Rays-BoSox in rain delay
- Davis named new girls basketball coach at Jefferson
- Collect call: 2013 Leaf Draft football
- Brooks-DeBartolo hires new girls basketball coach
- Rays 2 BoSox: Myers batting 6th, Longo back at 3B for Game 1
- Familiarity breeds confidence for Bucs
- Collect call: 2013 Bowman football
- Rays’ Myers is Bowman’s fifth lucky redemption
- Basketball showcase tonight at Berkeley Prep
- Archer, Odorizzi for doubleheader in Boston means lots of starts by rookies on this trip
- Gaither QB commits to FIU
- Gaither QB commits to FIU
- Rays v KC: Cobb tries to right the ship, Johnson dropped in the order
- Collect call: 2013 Topps Archives baseball
- Rays v KC: Moore tries to rebound
Lightning announce plans for Ice Fest on Sept. 28
Posted Sep 13, 2010 by Erik Erlendsson
Updated Sep 13, 2010 at 12:44 PM
From the team:
The Tampa Bay Lightning will welcome back fans to the St. Pete Times Forum on Tuesday, September 28, for its Ice Fest fan event, presented by Florida Central Credit Union, from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. The event is free and open to the public.
The 2010 Tampa Bay Lightning Ice Fest serves as a perfect opportunity to kick off the 2010-11 hockey season by catering exclusively to fans. Doors will open at 5 p.m. and those wishing to attend are encouraged to arrive early, as the first 500 individuals to enter the arena will receive a free “All In” Lightning t-shirt.
Among the most notable events of the evening include a charity hockey game featuring Tampa Bay Lightning alumni, a question and answer session with Lightning players, Head Coach Guy Boucher and General Manager Steve Yzerman, a first-hand glimpse at team practice, an open skate with Thunderbug and the Lightning Girls, as well as a player autograph session. There will also be fun and games both inside the building and on the West Plaza for all ages, as well as food and beverage specials. Fans can also pick out the best locations for Lightning season tickets. Anyone purchasing season tickets at the event will also receive an equal number of tickets to see the Stone Temple Pilots, who will perform on Friday, October 8, at the St. Pete Times Forum as part of Lightning Launch weekend. The team will then open the 2010-11 regular season the following night on Saturday, October 9, at 7:30 p.m. against the Atlanta Thrashers.
A number of charitable events will also take place throughout the night. A charity scrimmage between Lightning alumni and members of the Tampa Police and Fire Departments in honor of officers David Curtis and Jeffrey Kocab who were slain while proudly serving in the line of duty will begin at 6 p.m. All efforts, including a donation bucket drive located at arena entrances, a Jersey Off Our Backs alumni auction and season ticket raffle will benefit the Curtis/Kocab Memorial Fund.
In addition, all are encouraged to assist the Lightning Foundation by ordering Tampa Bay Lightning license plates or by purchasing new and player game-used hockey equipment at the Gearage Sale.