Most Recent Entries
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
- Maddon’s Thanksmas returns for 8th year
Leto’s Pupo named November Vanguard Award winner
Posted Dec 15, 2012 by Jarrett Guthrie
Updated Dec 15, 2012 at 01:41 AM
Leto pitcher Jose Pupo has been named November’s recipient of the Vanguard Award, which was established in 2011 and is given monthly by Tampa law firm Vanguard Attorneys to an outstanding student athlete in Hillsborough County.
Pupo, the Falcons’ right-handed ace, was 6-1 last season with a 1.36 ERA in 46 innings pitched for Leto last season as it went 10-13. Falcons’ coach JJ Pizzio said Pupo went 8-0 this summer for Score International winning the MVP Pitcher award in the Perfect Game Florida Qualifier.
Winning the Vanguard Award earned Leto’s athletic booster club a $1,000 donation and qualifies Pupo for the overall yearly award presented by Vanguard Attorneys.