Most Recent Entries
- Rays v Yanks: Nova to DL, Teixeira returns, updates on Cobb, Helly, DJ and lineups
- Rays v Yankees: Jennings out with groin injury
- Rays vs Yankees: lineups
- Girls Basketball: Walker, Gregory lead Tampa Bay players on All-State Teams
- A fresh, entertaining look at the 1991 World Series
- Plant’s Donahue signs with UF
- Florida High School Softball State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Brrrrrrrrrr
- Five Berkekey Prep student-athletes to be recognized at signing ceremony Wednesday
- Gulf softball coach Rick Hohenthaner resigns after 12 seasons
- Leaf heads to auction with Manziel predictor packs
- Panini provides a look at 2013-14 Signatures basketball product
- Testaverde leads group of seven Jesuit athletes to sign NLI’s Wednesday
- Florida High School Flag Football State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Lineups
Leto’s Pupo named November Vanguard Award winner
Posted Dec 15, 2012 by Jarrett Guthrie
Updated Dec 15, 2012 at 01:41 AM
Leto pitcher Jose Pupo has been named November’s recipient of the Vanguard Award, which was established in 2011 and is given monthly by Tampa law firm Vanguard Attorneys to an outstanding student athlete in Hillsborough County.
Pupo, the Falcons’ right-handed ace, was 6-1 last season with a 1.36 ERA in 46 innings pitched for Leto last season as it went 10-13. Falcons’ coach JJ Pizzio said Pupo went 8-0 this summer for Score International winning the MVP Pitcher award in the Perfect Game Florida Qualifier.
Winning the Vanguard Award earned Leto’s athletic booster club a $1,000 donation and qualifies Pupo for the overall yearly award presented by Vanguard Attorneys.