Most Recent Entries
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
- All-Western Conference Cheerleading
- Rays v NYY: Ramos makes his pitch
- Miracle Sports Florida State Softball Poll: Week 2
- Ramos now a candidate for 5th starters spot
- Rays @ BoSox: Archer’s first start
Leto’s Pupo named November Vanguard Award winner
Posted Dec 15, 2012 by Jarrett Guthrie
Updated Dec 15, 2012 at 01:41 AM
Leto pitcher Jose Pupo has been named November’s recipient of the Vanguard Award, which was established in 2011 and is given monthly by Tampa law firm Vanguard Attorneys to an outstanding student athlete in Hillsborough County.
Pupo, the Falcons’ right-handed ace, was 6-1 last season with a 1.36 ERA in 46 innings pitched for Leto last season as it went 10-13. Falcons’ coach JJ Pizzio said Pupo went 8-0 this summer for Score International winning the MVP Pitcher award in the Perfect Game Florida Qualifier.
Winning the Vanguard Award earned Leto’s athletic booster club a $1,000 donation and qualifies Pupo for the overall yearly award presented by Vanguard Attorneys.