Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
- Maddon’s Thanksmas returns for 8th year
Lee, Riefenhauser to play in AFL Rising Stars game
Posted Oct 31, 2012 by Roger Mooney
Updated Oct 31, 2012 at 08:56 PM
Rays prospects SS Hak-Ju Lee and LHP C.J. Riefenhauser were named to the Arizona Fall League’s Rising Stars West Division roster for Saturday’s game.
USF product Kevin Quackenbush, a RHP in the San Diego organization, is also on the West Division roster.
Lee hit .288 in 52 at-bats.
Riefenhauser appeared in seven games and allowed four hits, 0 runs with 10 strikeouts and three walks in 10 2/3 innings.
Quackenbush threw seven perfect innings over seven games. He struck out 10, walked two and earned four saves.
For more information in the AFL, go to http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/events/afl/index.jsp