Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Five Berkekey Prep student-athletes to be recognized at signing ceremony Wednesday
- Gulf softball coach Rick Hohenthaner resigns after 12 seasons
- Leaf heads to auction with Manziel predictor packs
- Panini provides a look at 2013-14 Signatures basketball product
- Testaverde leads group of seven Jesuit athletes to sign NLI’s Wednesday
- Florida High School Flag Football State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Lineups
- Patchan picks Hurricanes
- Recalling an iconic weekend at the Masters
- Rays @ Reds: Kiermaier starts, Myers, Jennings sit
- Fruhmorgen commits to Clemson
- Boys Basketball: Jean, Ingram make 7A All-State Team
- Florida High School Softball State Poll
- Aaron auto is mystery redemption card No. 1 for 2014 Topps Tribute
- Bishop McLaughlin names assistant Craig Moore as its head football coach
Lee, Riefenhauser to play in AFL Rising Stars game
Posted Oct 31, 2012 by Roger Mooney
Updated Oct 31, 2012 at 08:56 PM
Rays prospects SS Hak-Ju Lee and LHP C.J. Riefenhauser were named to the Arizona Fall League’s Rising Stars West Division roster for Saturday’s game.
USF product Kevin Quackenbush, a RHP in the San Diego organization, is also on the West Division roster.
Lee hit .288 in 52 at-bats.
Riefenhauser appeared in seven games and allowed four hits, 0 runs with 10 strikeouts and three walks in 10 2/3 innings.
Quackenbush threw seven perfect innings over seven games. He struck out 10, walked two and earned four saves.
For more information in the AFL, go to http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/events/afl/index.jsp