- Men’s Roster
- Women’s Roster
- Men’s Schedule/Results
- Women’s Schedule/Results
- Men’s Statistics
- Big East Standings
- Live Scoreboard
Most Recent Entries
- Stargell stands tall in biography
- Profar is second Bowman redemption card
- Rays @ Jays: Victoria Day matinee
- Green seeking funds for trip
- Area Athletes Shine at Golden South Classic
- Rays @ O’s: Moore looking to go 8-0, Rays looking for sweep
- Collect call: 2013 Bowman baseball
- Rays @ O’s: Rays on FOX game of the week
- Seffner Christian’s Hanson picks Liberty
- Current Baseball America prospect list boasts five locals
- Rays @ O’s: Hellickson returns to mound to start trip
- Former Newsome tennis standout, Hersh, named POY
- Bishop McLaughlin sophomore OH Alyssa Mathis commits to San Diego State
- Rays v BoSox: Price looks for 2nd win, Escobar moved to 5th in order
- Area athletes sign and commit to colleges
- Bucs Report -Tribune staff
- Rays Report - Roger Mooney
- Bolts Report - Erik Erlendsson
- Bulls Report
- Prep Report - Hillsborough
- Prep Report - Pasco
- Prep Report - Region
- Prep Report - Recruiting Updates
- Prep Report - Football
- Go Fishing: On The Waterfront
- The Sports Bookie - Bob D'Angelo
- Gators Report - Tribune staff
- Youth Sports Report
- NFL Draft Report
- Go Ask: Frank's Tacklebox
- Bucified Bert Blog
- BUK Power - Bucs Fan Blog
- Pigskin Preacher - NFL Fan Blog
- Breakfast Bonus - Tom McEwen
- Highlands Sports
Leavitt’s ready to run
Posted Mar 26, 2009 by Brett McMurphy
Updated Mar 26, 2009 at 04:13 PM
Get your sun dials ready: USF coach Jim Leavitt said he will run a timed 40-yard dash
Leavitt joked he might run a 5.9-second 40-yard dash.
“You could show me running on the Jumbotron,” Leavitt said.
Edrington suggested USF students, who beat Leavitt’s 40-time could receive a free T-shirt. That’s something USF officials are considering.
The spring game is April 11 at 7 p.m. at Raymond James Stadium. It will be televised on BrightHouse Sports Network, Ch. 47 in Tampa.
Tresey, Burnham numbers: As requested by Smooth of Orlando (I wish my parents would have named me Smooth, what a sweet name), here are the salaries of Joe Tresey while at Cincinnati and Wally Burnham at Iowa State.
At Cincinnati in 2007, Tresey made a $130,000 base salary and also received a $10,833 bowl bonus for a total of $140,833. In 2008, Tresey made $170,000 and also received a $28,333 bowl bonus for a total of $198,333. He will make $190,000 at USF this year, excluding any bonuses.
When Burnham left for Iowa State, Leavitt told the Tribune’s Martin Fennelly that Burnham, who made $220,000 at USF, would make “twice as much” at Iowa State. Not quite.
Burnham will make $55,000 more at ISU then he did last year at USF, so if Burnham would have received a $20,000-$30,000 raise at USF, the difference between his 2009 ISU and USF salaries would have been about $25,000-$35,000.
Burnham’s contract at Iowa State will pay him $275,000 in 2009 and $300,000 in 2010. If the Cyclones go bowling this fall, it would mean an additional $13,750 for Burnham.