Most Recent Entries
- Rays v Yankees: Jennings out with groin injury
- Rays vs Yankees: lineups
- Girls Basketball: Walker, Gregory lead Tampa Bay players on All-State Teams
- A fresh, entertaining look at the 1991 World Series
- Plant’s Donahue signs with UF
- Florida High School Softball State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Brrrrrrrrrr
- Five Berkekey Prep student-athletes to be recognized at signing ceremony Wednesday
- Gulf softball coach Rick Hohenthaner resigns after 12 seasons
- Leaf heads to auction with Manziel predictor packs
- Panini provides a look at 2013-14 Signatures basketball product
- Testaverde leads group of seven Jesuit athletes to sign NLI’s Wednesday
- Florida High School Flag Football State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Lineups
- Patchan picks Hurricanes
Land O’ Lakes boys soccer coach Mark Pearson earns 300th career win
Posted Dec 9, 2013 by Mike Camunas
Updated Dec 10, 2013 at 01:52 PM
Arguably the most successful boys soccer coach in Pasco County history has yet another milestone.
Land O’ Lakes boys soccer coach Mark Pearson picked up his 300th career win Monday evening with a 1-0 win over Class 3A-District 8 foe Pasco (6-4-1) at John Benedetto Stadium.
“I’d like to say thank you to all of the players, parents, teachers and administrators for allowing me the privilege of coaching here at Land O’ Lakes High School,” Pearson said. “It’s truly an honor to be around such fantastic young men and wonderful professionals.”
The Gators won Monday thanks to a goal from Glenn Johnson on a 35-yard free kick in the 74th minute, while Gators freshman keeper Dylan Hohenthaner made a diving save to his right to stop a penalty kick just two minutes prior.
Pearson is now 300-83-35 in the 16th season of his career that includes two state runner up titles, a state semifinal appearance and 13 district titles. Pearson, a University of Tampa and Chamberlain grad, became the varsity coach in 1997 after becoming a teacher at the school in 1995, a year after winning the Division II soccer national championship as an assistant with the Spartans.
In his second year (1998-99), Pearson guided the Gators to a 5A state runner up title and then a state semifinal appearance the following season. In the 2011-12 season, Pearson also guided the Gators to a 3A state runner up title.
The Gators are now 8-3 this season.