Bob is a longtime member of the Florida sports media, having served as a reporter and copy editor for more than 30 years. His true sports passion, however, is the history of the various games, exhibited by his in-depth book reviews and hobby of collecting cards and other sports memorabilia. He blogs for TBO.com on both subjects, transferring his work for the Tampa Tribune to the realm of cyberspace.
E-Mail The Bookie:
Have a question or comment for Bob?
Follow Bob here:
Most Recent Entries
- Rays vs Yankees: lineups
- Girls Basketball: Walker, Gregory lead Tampa Bay players on All-State Teams
- A fresh, entertaining look at the 1991 World Series
- Plant’s Donahue signs with UF
- Florida High School Softball State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Brrrrrrrrrr
- Five Berkekey Prep student-athletes to be recognized at signing ceremony Wednesday
- Gulf softball coach Rick Hohenthaner resigns after 12 seasons
- Leaf heads to auction with Manziel predictor packs
- Panini provides a look at 2013-14 Signatures basketball product
- Testaverde leads group of seven Jesuit athletes to sign NLI’s Wednesday
- Florida High School Flag Football State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Lineups
- Patchan picks Hurricanes
- Recalling an iconic weekend at the Masters
Lacy is top rookie for Week 9
Posted Nov 9, 2013 by Bob D'Angelo
Updated Nov 9, 2013 at 12:53 AM
Packers running back Eddie Lacy was selected as the Week 9 2013 Pepsi Next Rookie of the Week Lacy rushed for 150 yards and a touchdown on 22 carries in a Monday night loss to the Chicago Bears.
Lacy was selected from among five finalists through fan votes on NFL.com. The other finalists were Washington cornerback David Amerson, New England wide receiver Aaron Dobson, Eagles tight end Zach Ertz and St. Louis Rams running back Zac Stacy.
In conjunction with the 2013 Pepsi Next NFL Rookie of the Week promotion, Panini America produces virtual trading cards of each week’s five nominees and a virtual card for each week’s winner. At the end of the regular season, Panini will produce an actual trading card set of all weekly winners. The winners so far: Dolphins kicker Caleb Sturgis was chosen in Week 1, Bills quarterback EJ Manuel was the Week 2 winner, Bengals running back Giovani Bernard was the Week 3 winner, Bills linebacker Kiko Alonso was the Week 4 choice, Jets quarterback Geno Smith was the Week 5 choice, Chargers receiver Keenan Allen was the Week 6 pick, San Diego offensive lineman D.J. Fluker was the Week 7 choice and Oakland linebacker Sio Moore was the Week 8 selection.