Most Recent Entries
- Rays v Yanks: Nova to DL, Teixeira returns, updates on Cobb, Helly, DJ and lineups
- Rays v Yankees: Jennings out with groin injury
- Rays vs Yankees: lineups
- Girls Basketball: Walker, Gregory lead Tampa Bay players on All-State Teams
- A fresh, entertaining look at the 1991 World Series
- Plant’s Donahue signs with UF
- Florida High School Softball State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Brrrrrrrrrr
- Five Berkekey Prep student-athletes to be recognized at signing ceremony Wednesday
- Gulf softball coach Rick Hohenthaner resigns after 12 seasons
- Leaf heads to auction with Manziel predictor packs
- Panini provides a look at 2013-14 Signatures basketball product
- Testaverde leads group of seven Jesuit athletes to sign NLI’s Wednesday
- Florida High School Flag Football State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Lineups
King’s Williams commits to Faulkner State Community College
Posted Jul 19, 2013 by Jarrett Guthrie
Updated Jul 19, 2013 at 08:49 PM
Former King second baseman Tanner Williams has committed to Faulkner State Community College (Bay Minette, Ala.) Lions’ coach Jim Macaluso said.
Williams, who led the Lions in hitting last season with a .416 average, with 18 RBI, 29 runs scored and 17 stolen bases. Williams helped King (25-4) reach the Class 6A state semifinals and was a Tampa Tribune All-Hillsborough County First Team selection.
Macaluso said Williams had a few workouts over the last week, but after spending five hours with Faulkner State coaches his former second baseman knew he had found his spot.
Williams is the sixth player from King to attend FSCC under Macaluso’s tenure and 38-year Lions’ coach said he expects Williams to find success with Faulkner’s coach Wayne Larker, who is entering his 29th year with the program.
“Coach Larker has had quite a few of our players over the years,” Macaluso said. “And we are all very proud Tanner is getting the chance he deserves.”
Faulkner State was 41-11 last season, and 27-3 in conference play.