Most Recent Entries
- Panini goes on a basketball Crusade
- Sunlake’s Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers’ 2014 Mr. Soccer
- Rays v Twins: Injury updates and lineups
- Novel explores temptations, ramifications of steroid use
- Rays @ BoSox: Lineups and injury updates
- Rays @ Yankees: Notes and lineups
- Update on Peralta’s neck
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
King’s Williams commits to Faulkner State Community College
Posted Jul 19, 2013 by Jarrett Guthrie
Updated Jul 19, 2013 at 08:49 PM
Former King second baseman Tanner Williams has committed to Faulkner State Community College (Bay Minette, Ala.) Lions’ coach Jim Macaluso said.
Williams, who led the Lions in hitting last season with a .416 average, with 18 RBI, 29 runs scored and 17 stolen bases. Williams helped King (25-4) reach the Class 6A state semifinals and was a Tampa Tribune All-Hillsborough County First Team selection.
Macaluso said Williams had a few workouts over the last week, but after spending five hours with Faulkner State coaches his former second baseman knew he had found his spot.
Williams is the sixth player from King to attend FSCC under Macaluso’s tenure and 38-year Lions’ coach said he expects Williams to find success with Faulkner’s coach Wayne Larker, who is entering his 29th year with the program.
“Coach Larker has had quite a few of our players over the years,” Macaluso said. “And we are all very proud Tanner is getting the chance he deserves.”
Faulkner State was 41-11 last season, and 27-3 in conference play.