Most Recent Entries
- Panini reveals details about Pinnacle basketball
- Rays pick up pitcher in minor league Rule 5 draft
- Land O’ Lakes cross country stars Travis Nichols, Tyler Stahl commit to North Florida
- Beck staying with Longhorns
- Boys Basketball:FABC/Source Hoops Florida State Poll
- No Kloss? It’s baffling
- Boys Basketball: Robinson’s Brown reaches 1,000 career points
- Bucs’ Gholston a finalist for top weekly rookie honors
- Pasco High TE/DL Bowman Archibald picks up two Division I offers
- Girls Basketball: FABC/Source Hoops State Poll
- Land O’ Lakes boys soccer coach Mark Pearson earns 300th career win
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
King’s Williams commits to Faulkner State Community College
Posted Jul 19, 2013 by Jarrett Guthrie
Updated Jul 19, 2013 at 08:49 PM
Former King second baseman Tanner Williams has committed to Faulkner State Community College (Bay Minette, Ala.) Lions’ coach Jim Macaluso said.
Williams, who led the Lions in hitting last season with a .416 average, with 18 RBI, 29 runs scored and 17 stolen bases. Williams helped King (25-4) reach the Class 6A state semifinals and was a Tampa Tribune All-Hillsborough County First Team selection.
Macaluso said Williams had a few workouts over the last week, but after spending five hours with Faulkner State coaches his former second baseman knew he had found his spot.
Williams is the sixth player from King to attend FSCC under Macaluso’s tenure and 38-year Lions’ coach said he expects Williams to find success with Faulkner’s coach Wayne Larker, who is entering his 29th year with the program.
“Coach Larker has had quite a few of our players over the years,” Macaluso said. “And we are all very proud Tanner is getting the chance he deserves.”
Faulkner State was 41-11 last season, and 27-3 in conference play.