Most Recent Entries
- Beck staying with Longhorns
- Boys Basketball:FABC/Source Hoops Florida State Poll
- No Kloss? It’s baffling
- Boys Basketball: Robinson’s Brown reaches 1,000 career points
- Bucs’ Gholston a finalist for top weekly rookie honors
- Pasco High TE/DL Bowman Archibald picks up two Division I offers
- Girls Basketball: FABC/Source Hoops State Poll
- Land O’ Lakes boys soccer coach Mark Pearson earns 300th career win
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
Kelly names coordinators at The Crest
Posted Apr 11, 2012 by Bill Ward
Updated Apr 11, 2012 at 10:58 AM
First-year Strawberry Crest head coach John Kelly has officially named his two coordinators and both are well-known names in Hillsborough County.
Taking the post of defensive coordinator is former Jefferson star Keith Newman, who in 1994 was the Guy Toph Award winner following a season that saw him make 62 receptions for 1,538 yards and 13 touchdowns for the Dragons.
Newman went on to play linebacker for the University of North Carolina, where he was a four-year letterman. As a senior, he recorded 132 tackles, four sacks and one interception and was named to the second team of the All-Atlantic Coast Conference squads. He was drafted by the Buffalo Bills in 1999 and went on to play in the NFL for the Falcons, Vikings and Dolphins through 2006.
Taking the reins of the Chargers’ offense is Isaac Anderson, who has spent the past several seasons coaching standout receivers at state champion Armwood.
An Armwood graduate, Anderson has been actively pursuing several of the recent head coach positions in the area but now assumes his first job as a coordinator.
Kelly says he expects to name several position coaches soon.