Most Recent Entries
- Plant’s Donahue signs with UF
- Florida High School Softball State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Brrrrrrrrrr
- Five Berkekey Prep student-athletes to be recognized at signing ceremony Wednesday
- Gulf softball coach Rick Hohenthaner resigns after 12 seasons
- Leaf heads to auction with Manziel predictor packs
- Panini provides a look at 2013-14 Signatures basketball product
- Testaverde leads group of seven Jesuit athletes to sign NLI’s Wednesday
- Florida High School Flag Football State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Lineups
- Patchan picks Hurricanes
- Recalling an iconic weekend at the Masters
- Rays @ Reds: Kiermaier starts, Myers, Jennings sit
- Fruhmorgen commits to Clemson
- Boys Basketball: Jean, Ingram make 7A All-State Team
Kelly names coordinators at The Crest
Posted Apr 11, 2012 by Bill Ward
Updated Apr 11, 2012 at 10:58 AM
First-year Strawberry Crest head coach John Kelly has officially named his two coordinators and both are well-known names in Hillsborough County.
Taking the post of defensive coordinator is former Jefferson star Keith Newman, who in 1994 was the Guy Toph Award winner following a season that saw him make 62 receptions for 1,538 yards and 13 touchdowns for the Dragons.
Newman went on to play linebacker for the University of North Carolina, where he was a four-year letterman. As a senior, he recorded 132 tackles, four sacks and one interception and was named to the second team of the All-Atlantic Coast Conference squads. He was drafted by the Buffalo Bills in 1999 and went on to play in the NFL for the Falcons, Vikings and Dolphins through 2006.
Taking the reins of the Chargers’ offense is Isaac Anderson, who has spent the past several seasons coaching standout receivers at state champion Armwood.
An Armwood graduate, Anderson has been actively pursuing several of the recent head coach positions in the area but now assumes his first job as a coordinator.
Kelly says he expects to name several position coaches soon.