Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Five Berkekey Prep student-athletes to be recognized at signing ceremony Wednesday
- Gulf softball coach Rick Hohenthaner resigns after 12 seasons
- Leaf heads to auction with Manziel predictor packs
- Panini provides a look at 2013-14 Signatures basketball product
- Testaverde leads group of seven Jesuit athletes to sign NLI’s Wednesday
- Florida High School Flag Football State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Lineups
- Patchan picks Hurricanes
- Recalling an iconic weekend at the Masters
- Rays @ Reds: Kiermaier starts, Myers, Jennings sit
- Fruhmorgen commits to Clemson
- Boys Basketball: Jean, Ingram make 7A All-State Team
- Florida High School Softball State Poll
- Aaron auto is mystery redemption card No. 1 for 2014 Topps Tribute
- Bishop McLaughlin names assistant Craig Moore as its head football coach
Kazmir to appear on Costas’ show
Posted Dec 16, 2008 by Marc Lancaster
Updated Dec 16, 2008 at 02:06 PM
Scott Kazmir will be among the guests on hand for a year-end edition of HBO’s Costas Now, which will begin airing Wednesday at 9 p.m. ET. The Rays lefty will join the Phillies’ Ryan Howard and Jimmy Rollins to discuss the World Series.
Here’s an excerpt from the press release:
Using a town hall setting, the December edition of COSTAS NOW will focus on some of the biggest stories to emerge in a drama-filled year. Each segment will include a video set-up piece, followed by a live panel discussion hosted by Costas.
Among the topics that will be explored in-depth on the program will be a review of the New York Giants extraordinary Super Bowl championship; incredible athletic performances at the Beijing Olympics; the dramatic playoff finish at the U.S. Open at Torrey Pines; and the Philadelphia Phillies’ engaging World Series title run.
Live on the stage with Costas for their respective segments will be Michael Strahan, Osi Umenyiora and Rodney Harrison for the Super Bowl revisit; Michael Phelps, Dara Torres and Nastia Liukin for the Olympics segment; golfer Rocco Mediate will be on the set while Tiger Woods will appear via satellite to revisit their remarkable battle at Torrey Pines; and for the World Series review Jimmy Rollins, Ryan Howard and Scott Kazmir will be in attendance.
The 90-minute program will also feature a year-in-review panel that will address other meaningful moments from 2008 with special guests John McEnroe and Charles Barkley.
If you miss it tomorrow, the program will also air on HBO several more times through December and early January and will be available on HBO On Demand from Dec. 22-Jan. 4, according to the network.