Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Green seeking funds for trip
- Area Athletes Shine at Golden South Classic
- Rays @ O’s: Moore looking to go 8-0, Rays looking for sweep
- Collect call: 2013 Bowman baseball
- Rays @ O’s: Rays on FOX game of the week
- Seffner Christian’s Hanson picks Liberty
- Current Baseball America prospect list boasts five locals
- Rays @ O’s: Hellickson returns to mound to start trip
- Former Newsome tennis standout, Hersh, named POY
- Bishop McLaughlin sophomore OH Alyssa Mathis commits to San Diego State
- Rays v BoSox: Price looks for 2nd win, Escobar moved to 5th in order
- Area athletes sign and commit to colleges
- Steinbrenner announces athletic signings
- Mitchell P/INF Chris McCormick commits to PHCC
- Three Hudson girls soccer players, including first the Division I scholarship, to sign Friday
- Bucs Report -Tribune staff
- Rays Report - Roger Mooney
- Bolts Report - Erik Erlendsson
- Bulls Report
- Prep Report - Hillsborough
- Prep Report - Pasco
- Prep Report - Region
- Prep Report - Recruiting Updates
- Prep Report - Football
- Go Fishing: On The Waterfront
- The Sports Bookie - Bob D'Angelo
- Gators Report - Tribune staff
- Youth Sports Report
- NFL Draft Report
- Go Ask: Frank's Tacklebox
- Bucified Bert Blog
- BUK Power - Bucs Fan Blog
- Pigskin Preacher - NFL Fan Blog
- Breakfast Bonus - Tom McEwen
- Highlands Sports
Kazmir to appear on Costas’ show
Posted Dec 16, 2008 by Marc Lancaster
Updated Dec 16, 2008 at 02:06 PM
Scott Kazmir will be among the guests on hand for a year-end edition of HBO’s Costas Now, which will begin airing Wednesday at 9 p.m. ET. The Rays lefty will join the Phillies’ Ryan Howard and Jimmy Rollins to discuss the World Series.
Here’s an excerpt from the press release:
Using a town hall setting, the December edition of COSTAS NOW will focus on some of the biggest stories to emerge in a drama-filled year. Each segment will include a video set-up piece, followed by a live panel discussion hosted by Costas.
Among the topics that will be explored in-depth on the program will be a review of the New York Giants extraordinary Super Bowl championship; incredible athletic performances at the Beijing Olympics; the dramatic playoff finish at the U.S. Open at Torrey Pines; and the Philadelphia Phillies’ engaging World Series title run.
Live on the stage with Costas for their respective segments will be Michael Strahan, Osi Umenyiora and Rodney Harrison for the Super Bowl revisit; Michael Phelps, Dara Torres and Nastia Liukin for the Olympics segment; golfer Rocco Mediate will be on the set while Tiger Woods will appear via satellite to revisit their remarkable battle at Torrey Pines; and for the World Series review Jimmy Rollins, Ryan Howard and Scott Kazmir will be in attendance.
The 90-minute program will also feature a year-in-review panel that will address other meaningful moments from 2008 with special guests John McEnroe and Charles Barkley.
If you miss it tomorrow, the program will also air on HBO several more times through December and early January and will be available on HBO On Demand from Dec. 22-Jan. 4, according to the network.