Most Recent Entries
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
- Maddon’s Thanksmas returns for 8th year
Jones tabbed new coach at Chamberlain
Posted Jul 16, 2013 by Nick Williams
Updated Jul 16, 2013 at 02:43 PM
Richard “Cam” Jones has been named the new head football coach at Chamberlain, Chamberlain High principal Tommy Morrill said Tuesday.
Jones, an offensive assistant coach with Chamberlain last season, replaces DJ Mayo, who resigned last week after just one season to become the quarterbacks coach at Warner University in Lake Wales.
Jones inherits a program that finished 4-6 in 2012 and 1-9 in 2011.
Nearly 20 applied for the position at Chamberlain, 10 of which were interviewed, Morrill said. Jones was hired to teacher in the ESE program at Chamberlain. Prior to Chamberlain, Jones had coaching stints at South Florida and Jefferson High.
“He’s very passionate and enthusiastic,” Morrill said. “And he’s high on academic achievement.
Morrill said he also admired Jones’ demeanor on the sideline during games.
“His practice and game day expectations are high,” Morrill said.