Most Recent Entries
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
- All-Western Conference Cheerleading
- Rays v NYY: Ramos makes his pitch
- Miracle Sports Florida State Softball Poll: Week 2
- Ramos now a candidate for 5th starters spot
Jones tabbed new coach at Chamberlain
Posted Jul 16, 2013 by Nick Williams
Updated Jul 16, 2013 at 02:43 PM
Richard “Cam” Jones has been named the new head football coach at Chamberlain, Chamberlain High principal Tommy Morrill said Tuesday.
Jones, an offensive assistant coach with Chamberlain last season, replaces DJ Mayo, who resigned last week after just one season to become the quarterbacks coach at Warner University in Lake Wales.
Jones inherits a program that finished 4-6 in 2012 and 1-9 in 2011.
Nearly 20 applied for the position at Chamberlain, 10 of which were interviewed, Morrill said. Jones was hired to teacher in the ESE program at Chamberlain. Prior to Chamberlain, Jones had coaching stints at South Florida and Jefferson High.
“He’s very passionate and enthusiastic,” Morrill said. “And he’s high on academic achievement.
Morrill said he also admired Jones’ demeanor on the sideline during games.
“His practice and game day expectations are high,” Morrill said.