Most Recent Entries
- Rays v Yanks: Nova to DL, Teixeira returns, updates on Cobb, Helly, DJ and lineups
- Rays v Yankees: Jennings out with groin injury
- Rays vs Yankees: lineups
- Girls Basketball: Walker, Gregory lead Tampa Bay players on All-State Teams
- A fresh, entertaining look at the 1991 World Series
- Plant’s Donahue signs with UF
- Florida High School Softball State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Brrrrrrrrrr
- Five Berkekey Prep student-athletes to be recognized at signing ceremony Wednesday
- Gulf softball coach Rick Hohenthaner resigns after 12 seasons
- Leaf heads to auction with Manziel predictor packs
- Panini provides a look at 2013-14 Signatures basketball product
- Testaverde leads group of seven Jesuit athletes to sign NLI’s Wednesday
- Florida High School Flag Football State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Lineups
Jones tabbed new coach at Chamberlain
Posted Jul 16, 2013 by Nick Williams
Updated Jul 16, 2013 at 02:43 PM
Richard “Cam” Jones has been named the new head football coach at Chamberlain, Chamberlain High principal Tommy Morrill said Tuesday.
Jones, an offensive assistant coach with Chamberlain last season, replaces DJ Mayo, who resigned last week after just one season to become the quarterbacks coach at Warner University in Lake Wales.
Jones inherits a program that finished 4-6 in 2012 and 1-9 in 2011.
Nearly 20 applied for the position at Chamberlain, 10 of which were interviewed, Morrill said. Jones was hired to teacher in the ESE program at Chamberlain. Prior to Chamberlain, Jones had coaching stints at South Florida and Jefferson High.
“He’s very passionate and enthusiastic,” Morrill said. “And he’s high on academic achievement.
Morrill said he also admired Jones’ demeanor on the sideline during games.
“His practice and game day expectations are high,” Morrill said.