- Men’s Roster
- Women’s Roster
- Men’s Schedule/Results
- Women’s Schedule/Results
- Men’s Statistics
- Big East Standings
- Live Scoreboard
Most Recent Entries
- Rays v Yankees: Rodney remains the closer, Jennings off, Joyce back
- Gausman is Bowman’s No. 3 redemption card
- Topps previews baseball Update series
- Panini’s Prime Hockey will have extra treat
- Rays juggle rotation to get Cobb a start this weekend against Yankees
- Beckett opens weekly Wednesday chat room on Facebook page
- Rays @ Jays: Joyce update, Longo DH, Molina returns
- NFL Network report on Revis is revealing
- In The Game acquires Sport Kings LP
- Pasco WR Nate Craig (2016) up to 15 Division I offers
- Tampa Bay softball players honored by FACA
- Western Conference Baseball Teams
- Pasco baseball players Blaine Duncan, Matt Plourde headed to Barry, Daytona State respectively
- Maddon changes stance on Escobar’s home run guesture
- Panini previews Rookies & Stars football
- Bucs Report -Tribune staff
- Rays Report - Roger Mooney
- Bolts Report - Erik Erlendsson
- Bulls Report
- Prep Report - Hillsborough
- Prep Report - Pasco
- Prep Report - Region
- Prep Report - Recruiting Updates
- Prep Report - Football
- Go Fishing: On The Waterfront
- The Sports Bookie - Bob D'Angelo
- Gators Report - Tribune staff
- Youth Sports Report
- NFL Draft Report
- Go Ask: Frank's Tacklebox
- Bucified Bert Blog
- BUK Power - Bucs Fan Blog
- Pigskin Preacher - NFL Fan Blog
- Breakfast Bonus - Tom McEwen
- Highlands Sports
Jones: ‘I won’t leave South Florida if I’m a loser.’
Posted Feb 11, 2010 by Scott Carter
Updated Feb 11, 2010 at 04:42 PM
USF junior Dominique Jones has gone from being virtually unknown nationally a month ago to one of the most talked about players in college basketball.
Jones appeared live on ESPN2 on Wednesday and was featured in a story on SportsIllustrated.com.
All the publicity has fueled the million-dollar question: Will Jones leave USF early and enter the NBA draft?
Jones’ play of late – he has averaged 27.5 points over the last 10 games and is ranked 11th nationally in scoring – has elevated his status among NBA draft analysts. A 6-foot-4 shooting guard, Jones isn’t considered a lottery pick, but at least one mock draft has him as a first-round pick.
Jones addressed questions about his future plans on Thursday.
“I won’t leave South Florida if I’m a loser,’’ Jones said. “I want to leave here a winner. I want this program to be something that I look at 10 years later, like, ‘Oh yeah, we made it to the tournament. Oh, we’re in the Top 16—something like that.’
“I feel like I owe this school that. As of now, we haven’t won enough. Some people think that the NCAA Tournament is enough, maybe it might be. That might be the thing that we need to boost this program up, or maybe we might need the Sweet 16.
“Those options are just something that is open to me after the season.’‘
A more complete story will be posted on TBO.com later today.