Erik Erlendsson covers the Tampa Bay Lightning for The Tampa Tribune.
Most Recent Entries
- No Kloss? It’s baffling
- Boys Basketball: Robinson’s Brown reaches 1,000 career points
- Bucs’ Gholston a finalist for top weekly rookie honors
- Pasco High TE/DL Bowman Archibald picks up two Division I offers
- Girls Basketball: FABC/Source Hoops State Poll
- Land O’ Lakes boys soccer coach Mark Pearson earns 300th career win
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
Jokinen clears, will play
Posted Dec 20, 2008 by Erik Erlendsson
Updated Dec 20, 2008 at 01:39 PM
Jussi Jokinen has cleared waivers this afternoon and will play tonight against Atlanta. Tampa Bay general manager Brian Lawton said that as of now there is no intention of sending down to AHL Norfolk and possibly putting him on recall waivers.
Jokinen said that he plans on using the situation as a wake-up call and wants to play better. While he admitted he’s been hampered by banged up knees, he didn’t want to use it as an excuse for his play.
Lightning interim coach Rick Tocchet said he wasn’t aware of how nicked up Jokinen was until earlier in the week when Jokinen took two days off from practice.