Most Recent Entries
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
- Maddon’s Thanksmas returns for 8th year
Jesuit’s Warren wins national coach of the year honors
Posted Dec 1, 2012 by Jarrett Guthrie
Updated Dec 1, 2012 at 08:44 PM
Jesuit baseball coach Richie Warren was named the Region 3 coach of the year by the National High School Baseball Coaches Association (NHSBCA) Friday at the organization’s national convention in St. Louis, Mo.
Warren, who led Jesuit to the Class 5A state semifinals and a 28-2 record last season, is in his eighth season as the Tigers coach.
The NHSBCA website says it was founded in 1991, and its goal is “to provide services and recognition for baseball coaches and to help promote and represent high school baseball across this country.”
The organization annually names coaches of the year from eight national regions.