Most Recent Entries
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
- Maddon’s Thanksmas returns for 8th year
- Maddux, Glavine, Thomas highlight newcomers on Hall of Fame ballot
Jesuit’s Vila named NSCAA All-American
Posted Jan 5, 2013 by Jarrett Guthrie
Updated Jan 5, 2013 at 02:42 PM
Jesuit midfielder Jacob Vila has been named to the National Soccer Coaches Association of America (NSCAA) Boys All-American Team list, Tigers’ coach Bob Bauman said.
Vila, a junior, has 10 goals and five assists on the season and is one of the Tigers captains. Vila joins a long line of All-Americans in the Jesuit soccer programs history most recently joining All-Americans Tyler Hartlage (c/o 2010) and Brett Durrance (c/o 2011).
“Jacob’s nomination and selection as an All-American is a testament to the ability and leadership Jacob brings to the Tiger soccer program,” Bauman said. “The fact he was selected as a junior confirms his ability is widely recognized and provides fans and supporters of the Jesuit soccer program two years in which to enjoy an All-American’s contributions to the team as the team pursues its goals.”
Jesuit (14-1-3) has been No. 1 on both the Tampa Tribune’s weekly boy’s top five list, as well as the Hillsborough County Soccer Coach’s Poll released weekly thru the entire season. Jesuit made a big jump in the Elite Soccer Report National Top 50 this week moving from No. 49 to No. 38.
The Tigers will travel south to the Montverde Invitational Tournament next week starting the tournament with Coppell, Texas (No. 7) and could potentially face Boca Raton (No. 1), Montverde (No. 2) or Phoenix, Ariz. Brophy Prep (No. 3) in the tournament.