Most Recent Entries
- Rays pick up pitcher in minor league Rule 5 draft
- Land O’ Lakes cross country stars Travis Nichols, Tyler Stahl commit to North Florida
- Beck staying with Longhorns
- Boys Basketball:FABC/Source Hoops Florida State Poll
- No Kloss? It’s baffling
- Boys Basketball: Robinson’s Brown reaches 1,000 career points
- Bucs’ Gholston a finalist for top weekly rookie honors
- Pasco High TE/DL Bowman Archibald picks up two Division I offers
- Girls Basketball: FABC/Source Hoops State Poll
- Land O’ Lakes boys soccer coach Mark Pearson earns 300th career win
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
Jesuit’s Gonzalez commits to Hamilton College
Posted Jan 5, 2012 by Bill Ward
Updated Jan 5, 2012 at 04:11 PM
Jesuit running back and pole vaulter Rico Gonzalez, who rushed for nearly 500 yards last fall and was a state finalist in the pole vault last spring, has made a commitment to Division III Hamilton College, Tigers track coach Andy Wood said.
Founded in 1793, Hamilton College is the nation’s No. 17-ranked liberal arts college and is located in Clinton, New York. The Continentals compete in the New England Small College Athletic Conference (NESCAC) with 9 other colleges and universities.
Despite a late-season injury, the 5-foot-8, 160-pound Gonzalez produced 476 yards and three touchsdowns rushing and made four receptions for another 45 yards and one TD. In track, Gonzalez had a personal best of 12-6 in the pole vault and qualified for the Class 2A state finals, where he finished 14th.
Wood says Gonzalez plans to compete in both sports for the Continentals.