Most Recent Entries
- Beck staying with Longhorns
- Boys Basketball:FABC/Source Hoops Florida State Poll
- No Kloss? It’s baffling
- Boys Basketball: Robinson’s Brown reaches 1,000 career points
- Bucs’ Gholston a finalist for top weekly rookie honors
- Pasco High TE/DL Bowman Archibald picks up two Division I offers
- Girls Basketball: FABC/Source Hoops State Poll
- Land O’ Lakes boys soccer coach Mark Pearson earns 300th career win
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
Jesuit’s Fleming reaches 1,000 career points
Posted Dec 19, 2012 by Scott Purks
Updated Dec 19, 2012 at 10:20 PM
Jesuit guard Jack Fleming now has 1,001 points in his high school career after scoring 15 in a 68-28 victory over Northeast Wednesday night.
“It’s definitely special but I couldn’t have (passed 1,000 career points) without the help of my teammates through the years,” said Fleming, who is orally commited to Colgate. Fleming added that he’d trade his 1,000 career points for a state title, which the Tigers (10-0) are among the favorites to win this year in Class 5A.
Jesuit’s Travis Johnson is expected to be the next Tiger to eclipse the 1,000-point career mark on Friday when Jesuit plays St. Petersburg. Johnson needs just 16 points to clear 1,000 after scoring 16 against Northeast on Wednesday.