Most Recent Entries
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
- All-Western Conference Cheerleading
- Rays v NYY: Ramos makes his pitch
- Miracle Sports Florida State Softball Poll: Week 2
- Ramos now a candidate for 5th starters spot
- Rays @ BoSox: Archer’s first start
Jesuit slugger McCullers commits to Middle Tennessee State
Posted Jul 25, 2013 by Jarrett Guthrie
Updated Jul 25, 2013 at 05:53 PM
Jesuit baseball player Ryan McCullers has committed to Middle Tennessee State Thursday, Tigers’ coach Richie Warren said.
McCullers had a solid year hitting .424 as a junior, scoring 28 runs, driving in 26, with nine doubles helping the Tigers reach the Class 5A state semifinals.
Last season, Jesuit went 27-4 and garnered national attention reaching the No. 1 national spot in both the Maxpreps.com and PerfectGame.com polls. McCullers was a Tampa Tribune Second Team selection in 2013 and participated in the Perfect Game USA 2013 National Showcase in Minneapolis, Minn. in June.
McCullers is the younger brother of Lance McCullers, Jr. who was the Gatorade Baseball Player of the Year in 2012 and is currently playing in the Houston Astros minor league system with the Class A Quad City River Bandits in Davenport, Iowa.
Middle Tennessee State plays in Conference USA, where the Blue Raiders finished 28-28 last season.