Most Recent Entries
- A fresh, entertaining look at the 1991 World Series
- Plant’s Donahue signs with UF
- Florida High School Softball State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Brrrrrrrrrr
- Five Berkekey Prep student-athletes to be recognized at signing ceremony Wednesday
- Gulf softball coach Rick Hohenthaner resigns after 12 seasons
- Leaf heads to auction with Manziel predictor packs
- Panini provides a look at 2013-14 Signatures basketball product
- Testaverde leads group of seven Jesuit athletes to sign NLI’s Wednesday
- Florida High School Flag Football State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Lineups
- Patchan picks Hurricanes
- Recalling an iconic weekend at the Masters
- Rays @ Reds: Kiermaier starts, Myers, Jennings sit
- Fruhmorgen commits to Clemson
Jesuit slugger McCullers commits to Middle Tennessee State
Posted Jul 25, 2013 by Jarrett Guthrie
Updated Jul 25, 2013 at 05:53 PM
Jesuit baseball player Ryan McCullers has committed to Middle Tennessee State Thursday, Tigers’ coach Richie Warren said.
McCullers had a solid year hitting .424 as a junior, scoring 28 runs, driving in 26, with nine doubles helping the Tigers reach the Class 5A state semifinals.
Last season, Jesuit went 27-4 and garnered national attention reaching the No. 1 national spot in both the Maxpreps.com and PerfectGame.com polls. McCullers was a Tampa Tribune Second Team selection in 2013 and participated in the Perfect Game USA 2013 National Showcase in Minneapolis, Minn. in June.
McCullers is the younger brother of Lance McCullers, Jr. who was the Gatorade Baseball Player of the Year in 2012 and is currently playing in the Houston Astros minor league system with the Class A Quad City River Bandits in Davenport, Iowa.
Middle Tennessee State plays in Conference USA, where the Blue Raiders finished 28-28 last season.