Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
- Maddon’s Thanksmas returns for 8th year
Jennings to DL, Vogt coming back
Posted May 14, 2012 by Roger Mooney
Updated May 14, 2012 at 06:44 PM
TORONTO The Rays placed LF Desmond Jennings on the disabled list today, retroactive to May 12 and recalled OF Stephen Vogt from Triple A Durham.
Vogt is currently flying to Toronto and is expected to be here sometime during the game.
Jennings sprained his left knee sliding into home on May 6. He’s made only two pinch-hit appearances since then. He will be eligible to come off the DL May 27 when the team is in Boston.
Vogt was on the Opening Day roster and was 0-for-13 in seven games.