Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Manuel signs deal with Panini Authentic
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
- Maddon’s Thanksmas returns for 8th year
Jennings feeling better, S-Rod at 3B
Posted May 9, 2012 by Roger Mooney
Updated May 9, 2012 at 04:59 PM
NEW YORK With Jeff Keppinger on the restricted list and not with the team, Sean Rodriguez will move over and start at third base and Elliot Johnson will get the start at shortstop.
Desmond Jennings is not in the lineup but said his sprained left knee feels much better.
When asked when he might return to the lineup, Jennings said, “Soon. I feel like very soon (but) I can’t point out a day.”
Outfielder Brandon Guyer joined the team today to fill Keppinger’s spot on the roster and is not sure how long he will stay. With lefty CC Sabathia starting for the Yankees on Thursday, he might be here for another day. Or, Guyer might head back to Durham if Keppinger is back by Thursday.
Here are the lineups: