Roger Mooney covers the Tampa Bay Rays for The Tampa Tribune, TBO.com and News Channel 8. He has covered the Rays since their first season in 1998, including 11 years for the Bradenton Herald. Roger has also covered Florida, South Florida and Florida State football, the Bucs and the Lightning.
Most Recent Entries
- Rays v Yanks: Nova to DL, Teixeira returns, updates on Cobb, Helly, DJ and lineups
- Rays v Yankees: Jennings out with groin injury
- Rays vs Yankees: lineups
- Girls Basketball: Walker, Gregory lead Tampa Bay players on All-State Teams
- A fresh, entertaining look at the 1991 World Series
- Plant’s Donahue signs with UF
- Florida High School Softball State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Brrrrrrrrrr
- Five Berkekey Prep student-athletes to be recognized at signing ceremony Wednesday
- Gulf softball coach Rick Hohenthaner resigns after 12 seasons
- Leaf heads to auction with Manziel predictor packs
- Panini provides a look at 2013-14 Signatures basketball product
- Testaverde leads group of seven Jesuit athletes to sign NLI’s Wednesday
- Florida High School Flag Football State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Lineups
Jennings feeling better, S-Rod at 3B
Posted May 9, 2012 by Roger Mooney
Updated May 9, 2012 at 04:59 PM
NEW YORK With Jeff Keppinger on the restricted list and not with the team, Sean Rodriguez will move over and start at third base and Elliot Johnson will get the start at shortstop.
Desmond Jennings is not in the lineup but said his sprained left knee feels much better.
When asked when he might return to the lineup, Jennings said, “Soon. I feel like very soon (but) I can’t point out a day.”
Outfielder Brandon Guyer joined the team today to fill Keppinger’s spot on the roster and is not sure how long he will stay. With lefty CC Sabathia starting for the Yankees on Thursday, he might be here for another day. Or, Guyer might head back to Durham if Keppinger is back by Thursday.
Here are the lineups: