Most Recent Entries
- Panini goes on a basketball Crusade
- Sunlake’s Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers’ 2014 Mr. Soccer
- Rays v Twins: Injury updates and lineups
- Novel explores temptations, ramifications of steroid use
- Rays @ BoSox: Lineups and injury updates
- Rays @ Yankees: Notes and lineups
- Update on Peralta’s neck
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
Jeffrey Shank out as Gulf boys basketball coach
Posted May 24, 2012 by Andy Villamarzo
Updated May 24, 2012 at 04:51 PM
Jeffrey Shank is no longer employed at Gulf High and is out as boys basketball coach, according to Buccaneers athletic director Travis DeWalt.
“Jeffrey Shank is no longer employed at Gulf High School,” DeWalt said Thursday afternoon. “We’re looking to fill the position as soon as possible. That’s our timeframe for hiring someone at this moment.”
DeWalt stated he has no further comments on the situation.
In Shank’s lone season as basketball coach, he led the Buccaneers to a 10-14 record, with the season ending with a Class 5A-District 8 quarterfinal loss to Ridgewood 62-55.
Shank was tabbed as the successor after the 2010-2011 season when former Gulf coach Buck DeWitt was forced to step down due to health reasons.