Most Recent Entries
- Rays v Yanks: Nova to DL, Teixeira returns, updates on Cobb, Helly, DJ and lineups
- Rays v Yankees: Jennings out with groin injury
- Rays vs Yankees: lineups
- Girls Basketball: Walker, Gregory lead Tampa Bay players on All-State Teams
- A fresh, entertaining look at the 1991 World Series
- Plant’s Donahue signs with UF
- Florida High School Softball State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Brrrrrrrrrr
- Five Berkekey Prep student-athletes to be recognized at signing ceremony Wednesday
- Gulf softball coach Rick Hohenthaner resigns after 12 seasons
- Leaf heads to auction with Manziel predictor packs
- Panini provides a look at 2013-14 Signatures basketball product
- Testaverde leads group of seven Jesuit athletes to sign NLI’s Wednesday
- Florida High School Flag Football State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Lineups
Jeffrey Shank out as Gulf boys basketball coach
Posted May 24, 2012 by Andy Villamarzo
Updated May 24, 2012 at 04:51 PM
Jeffrey Shank is no longer employed at Gulf High and is out as boys basketball coach, according to Buccaneers athletic director Travis DeWalt.
“Jeffrey Shank is no longer employed at Gulf High School,” DeWalt said Thursday afternoon. “We’re looking to fill the position as soon as possible. That’s our timeframe for hiring someone at this moment.”
DeWalt stated he has no further comments on the situation.
In Shank’s lone season as basketball coach, he led the Buccaneers to a 10-14 record, with the season ending with a Class 5A-District 8 quarterfinal loss to Ridgewood 62-55.
Shank was tabbed as the successor after the 2010-2011 season when former Gulf coach Buck DeWitt was forced to step down due to health reasons.