Most Recent Entries
- Five Berkekey Prep student-athletes to be recognized at signing ceremony Wednesday
- Gulf softball coach Rick Hohenthaner resigns after 12 seasons
- Leaf heads to auction with Manziel predictor packs
- Panini provides a look at 2013-14 Signatures basketball product
- Testaverde leads group of seven Jesuit athletes to sign NLI’s Wednesday
- Florida High School Flag Football State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Lineups
- Patchan picks Hurricanes
- Recalling an iconic weekend at the Masters
- Rays @ Reds: Kiermaier starts, Myers, Jennings sit
- Fruhmorgen commits to Clemson
- Boys Basketball: Jean, Ingram make 7A All-State Team
- Florida High School Softball State Poll
- Aaron auto is mystery redemption card No. 1 for 2014 Topps Tribute
- Bishop McLaughlin names assistant Craig Moore as its head football coach
Jefferson softball coach hospitalized
Posted Apr 19, 2012 by Bill Ward
Updated Apr 23, 2012 at 01:20 PM
On the day her squad is slated to take on Leto in the district title game, Jefferson High softball coach Eve Suarez has been hospitalized with dangerously high blood pressure, Dragons athletic director Bob Morgan said Thursday.
Morgan said he spoke with Suarez by phone and said the veteran coach is stable but may not be able to attend tonight’s Class 6A-District 11 championship game at Leto. The Dragons have played back-to-back games in the tournament, including Wednesday night’s 5-3 victory over Sickles in the semifinals.
Suarez, a teacher at Jefferson, is in her seventh season as softball coach. Her squad enters tonight’s game with a record of 11-8.