Bob is a longtime member of the Florida sports media, having served as a reporter and copy editor for more than 30 years. His true sports passion, however, is the history of the various games, exhibited by his in-depth book reviews and hobby of collecting cards and other sports memorabilia. He blogs for TBO.com on both subjects, transferring his work for the Tampa Tribune to the realm of cyberspace.
E-Mail The Bookie:
Have a question or comment for Bob?
Follow Bob here:
Most Recent Entries
- Girls Basketball: Walker, Gregory lead Tampa Bay players on All-State Teams
- A fresh, entertaining look at the 1991 World Series
- Plant’s Donahue signs with UF
- Florida High School Softball State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Brrrrrrrrrr
- Five Berkekey Prep student-athletes to be recognized at signing ceremony Wednesday
- Gulf softball coach Rick Hohenthaner resigns after 12 seasons
- Leaf heads to auction with Manziel predictor packs
- Panini provides a look at 2013-14 Signatures basketball product
- Testaverde leads group of seven Jesuit athletes to sign NLI’s Wednesday
- Florida High School Flag Football State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Lineups
- Patchan picks Hurricanes
- Recalling an iconic weekend at the Masters
- Rays @ Reds: Kiermaier starts, Myers, Jennings sit
It’s time to vote for Week 10’s top rookies
Posted Nov 12, 2013 by Bob D'Angelo
Updated Nov 19, 2013 at 08:27 PM
For a limited time, it’s time to vote for the Pepsi Next NFL Rookie of the Week for Week 10. To celebrate, Panini America’s design for this week’s virtual cards will be patterned after Limited football.
As usual, Panini will create virtual cards that will be highlighted on the NFL’s Facebook page in a special Pepsi Next Rookie of the Week gallery, as well as across social media platforms and at NFL.com. For Week 10, vote for the player you believe was the top rookie last weekend by going to http://www.nfl.com/voting/rookies/2013 to cast your ballot. Then share the image of the nominee you voted for on your Facebook page, Panini America’s Facebook page and on Panini’s Twitter account (@PaniniAmerica). Use the hashtag #PepsiROW and mention @PaniniAmerica, and you can be eligible for prizes.
Here are the nominees for Week 10:
Rams wide receiver Tavon Austin returned a punt 98 yards for a touchdown and had touchdown catches of 81 and 57 yards in St. Louis’ 38-8 win against Indianapolis.
Jaguars cornerback Dwayne Gratz made five tackles and had his first-career interception in Jacksonville’s 29-27 victory against Tennessee.
Giants defensive end Damontre Moore blocked a punt that was returned for a touchdown during New York’s 24-20 victory against Oakland.
Lions guard Larry Warford was part of an offensive line that did not allow any sacks or quarterback hits while blocking for a rushing attack that gained 145 yards as Detroit held on to beat Chicago 21-19.
Saints wide receiver Kenny Stills had three catches for 75 yards and a touchdown in New Orleans’ 49-17 victory against Dallas.
Your time frame is limited, so get those votes in.