Bob is a longtime member of the Florida sports media, having served as a reporter and copy editor for more than 30 years. His true sports passion, however, is the history of the various games, exhibited by his in-depth book reviews and hobby of collecting cards and other sports memorabilia. He blogs for TBO.com on both subjects, transferring his work for the Tampa Tribune to the realm of cyberspace.
E-Mail The Bookie:
Have a question or comment for Bob?
Follow Bob here:
Most Recent Entries
- Panini goes on a basketball Crusade
- Sunlake’s Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers’ 2014 Mr. Soccer
- Rays v Twins: Injury updates and lineups
- Novel explores temptations, ramifications of steroid use
- Rays @ BoSox: Lineups and injury updates
- Rays @ Yankees: Notes and lineups
- Update on Peralta’s neck
- Rays v Pirates: Moore on the bump, McClung on the bus
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
It’s time to vote for Week 10’s top rookies
Posted Nov 12, 2013 by Bob D'Angelo
Updated Nov 19, 2013 at 08:27 PM
For a limited time, it’s time to vote for the Pepsi Next NFL Rookie of the Week for Week 10. To celebrate, Panini America’s design for this week’s virtual cards will be patterned after Limited football.
As usual, Panini will create virtual cards that will be highlighted on the NFL’s Facebook page in a special Pepsi Next Rookie of the Week gallery, as well as across social media platforms and at NFL.com. For Week 10, vote for the player you believe was the top rookie last weekend by going to http://www.nfl.com/voting/rookies/2013 to cast your ballot. Then share the image of the nominee you voted for on your Facebook page, Panini America’s Facebook page and on Panini’s Twitter account (@PaniniAmerica). Use the hashtag #PepsiROW and mention @PaniniAmerica, and you can be eligible for prizes.
Here are the nominees for Week 10:
Rams wide receiver Tavon Austin returned a punt 98 yards for a touchdown and had touchdown catches of 81 and 57 yards in St. Louis’ 38-8 win against Indianapolis.
Jaguars cornerback Dwayne Gratz made five tackles and had his first-career interception in Jacksonville’s 29-27 victory against Tennessee.
Giants defensive end Damontre Moore blocked a punt that was returned for a touchdown during New York’s 24-20 victory against Oakland.
Lions guard Larry Warford was part of an offensive line that did not allow any sacks or quarterback hits while blocking for a rushing attack that gained 145 yards as Detroit held on to beat Chicago 21-19.
Saints wide receiver Kenny Stills had three catches for 75 yards and a touchdown in New Orleans’ 49-17 victory against Dallas.
Your time frame is limited, so get those votes in.