Bob is a longtime member of the Florida sports media, having served as a reporter and copy editor for more than 30 years. His true sports passion, however, is the history of the various games, exhibited by his in-depth book reviews and hobby of collecting cards and other sports memorabilia. He blogs for TBO.com on both subjects, transferring his work for the Tampa Tribune to the realm of cyberspace.
E-Mail The Bookie:
Have a question or comment for Bob?
Follow Bob here:
Most Recent Entries
- Rays v Yanks: Nova to DL, Teixeira returns, updates on Cobb, Helly, DJ and lineups
- Rays v Yankees: Jennings out with groin injury
- Rays vs Yankees: lineups
- Girls Basketball: Walker, Gregory lead Tampa Bay players on All-State Teams
- A fresh, entertaining look at the 1991 World Series
- Plant’s Donahue signs with UF
- Florida High School Softball State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Brrrrrrrrrr
- Five Berkekey Prep student-athletes to be recognized at signing ceremony Wednesday
- Gulf softball coach Rick Hohenthaner resigns after 12 seasons
- Leaf heads to auction with Manziel predictor packs
- Panini provides a look at 2013-14 Signatures basketball product
- Testaverde leads group of seven Jesuit athletes to sign NLI’s Wednesday
- Florida High School Flag Football State Poll
- Rays @ O’s: Lineups
ITG’s Draft Prospects set for June release
Posted Apr 30, 2013 by Bob D'Angelo
Updated Apr 30, 2013 at 06:43 PM
On June 30, the NHL draft will be held at the Prudential Center in New Jersey, an event of particular interest to Tampa Bay fans as the Lightning own the No. 3 pick.
In The Game will get a jump on that excitement on June 20, when the company releases 2013 Draft Prospects —ITG’s first product dedicated exclusively to the draft.
Each box will contain 12 cards and will include three hard-signed autograph cards, two game-used memorabilia cards and seven foil base cards.
The 180-base set will feature 2013 draft prospects, former first-round picks, draft day surprises and future draft prospects, plus four different parallels for each base card.
The relic cards will include game-used jersey, patch cards, draft year and country of origin subsets. Others will be called Past and Future, Present and Future, Past-Present and Future and Teammates.
Some packs will include first-round nameplates. This will be an intriguing collection, as it will nameplates of such players like Cory Perry, Ryan Nuggent-Hopkins, Gabriel Landeskog, Sean Courturier, Erik Gudbranson, Johnny Boychuk and Karl Alzner.
In The Game is promising two different autograph cards, in silver and gold versions. Autos are expected from hot prospects like Seth Jones, Nathan MacKinnon and Jonathan Drouin. European players who are expected to sign cards include Aleksander Barkov, Rasmus Ristolainen, Alexander Wennberg, Robert Hagg, Jacob de-la Rose and Elias Lindholm.
For collectors who enjoy investing in the future, Draft Prospects should be an interesting addition to their collections.