Bob is a longtime member of the Florida sports media, having served as a reporter and copy editor for more than 30 years. His true sports passion, however, is the history of the various games, exhibited by his in-depth book reviews and hobby of collecting cards and other sports memorabilia. He blogs for TBO.com on both subjects, transferring his work for the Tampa Tribune to the realm of cyberspace.
E-Mail The Bookie:
Have a question or comment for Bob?
Follow Bob here:
Most Recent Entries
- Rays v Yankees: Rodney remains the closer, Jennings off, Joyce back
- Gausman is Bowman’s No. 3 redemption card
- Topps previews baseball Update series
- Panini’s Prime Hockey will have extra treat
- Rays juggle rotation to get Cobb a start this weekend against Yankees
- Beckett opens weekly Wednesday chat room on Facebook page
- Rays @ Jays: Joyce update, Longo DH, Molina returns
- NFL Network report on Revis is revealing
- In The Game acquires Sport Kings LP
- Pasco WR Nate Craig (2016) up to 15 Division I offers
- Tampa Bay softball players honored by FACA
- Western Conference Baseball Teams
- Pasco baseball players Blaine Duncan, Matt Plourde headed to Barry, Daytona State respectively
- Maddon changes stance on Escobar’s home run guesture
- Panini previews Rookies & Stars football
- Bucs Report -Tribune staff
- Rays Report - Roger Mooney
- Bolts Report - Erik Erlendsson
- Bulls Report
- Prep Report - Hillsborough
- Prep Report - Pasco
- Prep Report - Region
- Prep Report - Recruiting Updates
- Prep Report - Football
- Go Fishing: On The Waterfront
- The Sports Bookie - Bob D'Angelo
- Gators Report - Tribune staff
- Youth Sports Report
- NFL Draft Report
- Go Ask: Frank's Tacklebox
- Bucified Bert Blog
- BUK Power - Bucs Fan Blog
- Pigskin Preacher - NFL Fan Blog
- Breakfast Bonus - Tom McEwen
- Highlands Sports
ITG releasing High Numbers Prospect Update
Posted Oct 5, 2012 by Bob D'Angelo
Updated Oct 5, 2012 at 09:28 AM
If collecting baseball prospects are in your blood, then In The Game will have a very limited, but interesting product for you.
The Baseball Hits Series Two High Numbers Prospect Update will be released on Oct. 21. Each box will contain just five cards, but each card will either be an autograph, a relic or both.
Autograph inserts will include subsets like Between the Seams, First Round Pick, Country of Origin, Lumbergraph, Draft Year, Hard Cuts, Grand Slam and Reflections.
Unless you are a real hardcore minor-league baseball fan, a lot of these names are not going to ring a bell. I did see Delino DeShields Jr., though, and former Lakeland High shortstop Yordy Cabrera.
Rays prospects include catcher Justin O’Conner, drafted by Tampa Bay in the first round of the 2010 amateur draft. Also, pitcher Matt Gorgen, who was drafted by the Rays in 2008 but was traded to Arizona in 2010.
Lots of no-names right now, but that’s the beauty of prospects. You never know when you are going to strike gold.