- Men’s Roster
- Women’s Roster
- Men’s Schedule/Results
- Women’s Schedule/Results
- Men’s Statistics
- Big East Standings
- Live Scoreboard
Most Recent Entries
- Panini previews Gold Standard basketball
- Golf: All-Western Conference Teams
- Baseball: Jesuit OF Taylor selects Duke
- Land O’ Lakes defensive standout Shaheed Salmon picks up first offer
- Football: All-Western Conference Teams
- Rays non-tender Fuld
- Chargers WR Allen top rookie in Week 12 voting
- Collect call: 2014 Topps U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Team and Hopefuls
- Panini’s Totally Certified hockey to debut in February
- Leaf releases some corny inserts
- Volleyball: Berkeley Prep’s Brown a finalist for Miss Volleyball
- Rays 2014 spring training schedule
- Proposal would ease FHSAA penalty for violating “follow the coach” law
- Maddon’s Thanksmas returns for 8th year
- Maddux, Glavine, Thomas highlight newcomers on Hall of Fame ballot
Is Gregory really gone from USF? Who knows
Posted Jan 20, 2009 by Brett McMurphy
Updated Jan 20, 2009 at 07:19 PM
Three days after his supposed firing from the University of South Florida, offensive coordinator Greg Gregory was still at work – at USF.
Confused? Join the club.
At 10:11 p.m. Saturday, USF sports information director Chris Freet E-mailed a three-paragraph statement that “Gregory has been released from his duties as offensive coordinator” and USF would “begin a search for a new coordinator immediately.”
Gregory’s bio also was removed from the school’s official web site.
USF coach Jim Leavitt has not returned multiple phone calls the past four days from the Tampa Tribune about Gregory.
On Sunday and Monday, Freet, via text-messages, confirmed that Gregory was “gone from staff” and Freet indicated Leavitt provided this information.
Yet, Gregory was spotted in his office and answered his office telephone Tuesday afternoon.
“I’m not speaking about anything,” Gregory said.
Freet said Tuesday, as far as he knew, “nothing had changed” and his understanding is Gregory is not on the staff. Leavitt told Freet Tuesday night he would not comment beyond what was in the release.
So the question remains: is Gregory gone from USF or still employed at USF? Until Leavitt or Gregory comment on this situation, who knows?