- Men’s Roster
- Women’s Roster
- Men’s Schedule/Results
- Women’s Schedule/Results
- Men’s Statistics
- Big East Standings
- Live Scoreboard
Most Recent Entries
- Plant coach Roy Harrison elected to FHSAA Hall of Fame
- Volleyball: Freedom’s Schaller signs with Eckerd
- Five athletes at Strawberry Crest to play at next level
- Sunlake F Remi Pimm named Florida Dairy Farmers State 3A Player of the Year
- Anclote volleyball coach Chris Vergnaud steps down to join PHSC staff
- Hillsborough County’s top seniors take court tonight in TBBCA All-Star game
- Gregory, Corbett, Sanders, Childs, Channer to play in FABC state all-star basketball game
- Rays prepare for raining day - Price now pitching sim game in Port Charlotte
- A year-by-year look at Wrigley Field
- Leaf previews classic designs in Originals football
- All-Western Conference Cheerleading
- Rays v NYY: Ramos makes his pitch
- Miracle Sports Florida State Softball Poll: Week 2
- Ramos now a candidate for 5th starters spot
- Rays @ BoSox: Archer’s first start
Is Gregory really gone from USF? Who knows
Posted Jan 20, 2009 by Brett McMurphy
Updated Jan 20, 2009 at 07:19 PM
Three days after his supposed firing from the University of South Florida, offensive coordinator Greg Gregory was still at work – at USF.
Confused? Join the club.
At 10:11 p.m. Saturday, USF sports information director Chris Freet E-mailed a three-paragraph statement that “Gregory has been released from his duties as offensive coordinator” and USF would “begin a search for a new coordinator immediately.”
Gregory’s bio also was removed from the school’s official web site.
USF coach Jim Leavitt has not returned multiple phone calls the past four days from the Tampa Tribune about Gregory.
On Sunday and Monday, Freet, via text-messages, confirmed that Gregory was “gone from staff” and Freet indicated Leavitt provided this information.
Yet, Gregory was spotted in his office and answered his office telephone Tuesday afternoon.
“I’m not speaking about anything,” Gregory said.
Freet said Tuesday, as far as he knew, “nothing had changed” and his understanding is Gregory is not on the staff. Leavitt told Freet Tuesday night he would not comment beyond what was in the release.
So the question remains: is Gregory gone from USF or still employed at USF? Until Leavitt or Gregory comment on this situation, who knows?