- Men’s Roster
- Women’s Roster
- Men’s Schedule/Results
- Women’s Schedule/Results
- Men’s Statistics
- Big East Standings
- Live Scoreboard
Most Recent Entries
- Pasco baseball players Blaine Duncan, Matt Plourde headed to Barry, Daytona State respectively
- Maddon changes stance on Escobar’s home run guesture
- Panini previews Rookies & Stars football
- A peek at Panini’s 2013 Cooperstown Collection
- Wharton athletes sign NLI’s
- Touchdown Club of Atlanta names Hargreaves top defensive back in the country
- Rays @ Jays: Cobb looking for 5th win
- FACA Baseball Classic Rosters announced
- Stargell stands tall in biography
- Profar is second Bowman redemption card
- Rays @ Jays: Victoria Day matinee
- Green seeking funds for trip
- Area Athletes Shine at Golden South Classic
- Rays @ O’s: Moore looking to go 8-0, Rays looking for sweep
- Collect call: 2013 Bowman baseball
- Bucs Report -Tribune staff
- Rays Report - Roger Mooney
- Bolts Report - Erik Erlendsson
- Bulls Report
- Prep Report - Hillsborough
- Prep Report - Pasco
- Prep Report - Region
- Prep Report - Recruiting Updates
- Prep Report - Football
- Go Fishing: On The Waterfront
- The Sports Bookie - Bob D'Angelo
- Gators Report - Tribune staff
- Youth Sports Report
- NFL Draft Report
- Go Ask: Frank's Tacklebox
- Bucified Bert Blog
- BUK Power - Bucs Fan Blog
- Pigskin Preacher - NFL Fan Blog
- Breakfast Bonus - Tom McEwen
- Highlands Sports
Is Gregory really gone from USF? Who knows
Posted Jan 20, 2009 by Brett McMurphy
Updated Jan 20, 2009 at 07:19 PM
Three days after his supposed firing from the University of South Florida, offensive coordinator Greg Gregory was still at work – at USF.
Confused? Join the club.
At 10:11 p.m. Saturday, USF sports information director Chris Freet E-mailed a three-paragraph statement that “Gregory has been released from his duties as offensive coordinator” and USF would “begin a search for a new coordinator immediately.”
Gregory’s bio also was removed from the school’s official web site.
USF coach Jim Leavitt has not returned multiple phone calls the past four days from the Tampa Tribune about Gregory.
On Sunday and Monday, Freet, via text-messages, confirmed that Gregory was “gone from staff” and Freet indicated Leavitt provided this information.
Yet, Gregory was spotted in his office and answered his office telephone Tuesday afternoon.
“I’m not speaking about anything,” Gregory said.
Freet said Tuesday, as far as he knew, “nothing had changed” and his understanding is Gregory is not on the staff. Leavitt told Freet Tuesday night he would not comment beyond what was in the release.
So the question remains: is Gregory gone from USF or still employed at USF? Until Leavitt or Gregory comment on this situation, who knows?